BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am thinking of lowering the car (325ci) but before I do a few questions;

How will it effect the ride and handling?

What are the best options?

How long would it take to fit the springs?

How much would it cost?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Rich.

richie_rvf

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Handling will definitely improve - ride will only deteriorate on rought surfaces, but even then its not that bad.

I'd always recommend Eibach - there are other brands like H&R but they're too harsh for our roads from what I've read.

Not sure on prices - but I got mine from Richie in Pro-Parts (yet another Richie!!). He fitted them too - took two hours or so I think. Can't remember price either though!! His email is [email protected] if you want to get in contact.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a million Ken,

I'll drop him a line,

would be nice to have it done for the re-mapping ;)

Rich.

richie_rvf

·
Registered
317 Posts
I got my Eibach Pro-Kit springs on ebay.de brand new for 90 Euro! Fitted for less than 200. As Ken said the handling is improved and ride has hardly suffered at all - I fitted it in conjunction with a set of MV2's on Michelin Pilots and overall the car improved no end. Even on rough surfaces the upgraded rubber made in incredible difference.

The rear of the car remained as it was but th efront lowered down to give it that hunched look - really looks well. Richie has the Pro-Kit on his...

Can totally recommend it.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that, how much does the kit lower the car?

Are there different options out there?

Rich.

richie_rvf

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have Eibach springs on order from Richie09. Cost a bit more than €90, though....
....Mr M, I think we need to talk! :)

Current: BMW E39 520i 2.0 SE Black 69k to infinity!

Still Technically Dyslexic!

·
Registered
363 Posts
If I could find them for that, I'd be selling them myself!!!
TBH, I haven't had a problem with any products or prices I've gotten off ye so far, and (hopefully!) I never will!!!

Current: BMW E39 520i 2.0 SE Black 69k to infinity!

Still Technically Dyslexic!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Note Fey that I got them from ebay.de and there was the risk that I would never actually receive them at all or they were not quite as described. There was no after sales service at all so it was a lot more risky than buying from Richie!
I'm sure you were just looking to have a dig at Richie though!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts