BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had this racking around in my head for ages so after spending a few months procuring suitable vehicles its time to begin! :D

The Plan:

As most will know BMW never produced an E46 M3 Saloon which IMO is a huge pity, however I intend on picking up where they left off and building one of my own.

The end result will be a vehicle that will look factory finished using OEM front and rear bumpers, wings, mirrors and rear quarter panels. The car will run an S54 with SMG gearbox, and retain all its factory refinements such as SAT NAV, Bluetooth etc...

While I'm at it I plan on improving certain aspects of the car. The car will be fitted with BMW performance brakes and coil-over suspension and if I find a big pot of money somewhere I may supercharge it...

The cars

The car to be transformed is a 2005 320i Sport saloon. A good car to begin with but even better as a base to work off. ;)

The doner is a 2005 M3 coupe with SMG and plenty of factory fitted toys. I spent months searching for a car that had all the options I was looking for. Ideally it would have kiwi leather, SMG, Harman Kardon, NAV, Bluetooth, xenons and low mileage but this was the closest I could find. The leather is black, and no HK but it has the rest. The mileage is also sweet at 46k miles!

Il start by stripping down the 320 to its shell, then bodywork and paint followed by giving it the new heart. I have a finish date in mind but this is subject to everything going to plan. Il keep this to myself for now! :D

Anyway lets meet the two patients....

320i:

The M3

The End Result:*

**Pictures courtesy of e46 fanatics member Jeppe J, I hope the OP doesn't mind me using his photos.

That's all for now. Updates to come.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a great idea.and best of luck with it.but I have to ask what's wrong with the imola red m3 coupe that your breaking it in the first place.
In theory I'm not really breaking it, il use 99% of it but that said it has some passenger side damage.

·
Ronin
8,708 Posts
This could be good, are you going for colour change or respray? If so it would be a deep pocket build. Good luck nice to see a build

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This could be good, are you going for colour change or respray? If so it would be a deep pocket build. Good luck nice to see a build
The colour is undecided as of yet, I'm 90% decided on Phoenix yellow but have been looking at Mora, Velvet blue a few others of late... Suggestions welcome btw...

Reactions: Gaz520d

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Flippin heck this will be an interesting build alright, cant wait to see more fair play for taking it on..

·
coupe dude
1,040 Posts
Love this idea best of luck with the build:D

·
Registered
458 Posts
Looking forward to watching the build. Hate to see you change colour tho - Imola is one of the best colours out there! Good luck!

·
Registered
991 Posts
In theory I'm not really breaking it, il use 99% of it but that said it has some passenger side damage.
As said best of luck.ive followed that build with the blue saloon conversion.if yours turns out that good it will be some car.whatever colour you decide on I would def pick a individual colour just to make it stand out that bid more.looking forward to this.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As I said colour suggestions are welcome. The more pictures the better.....

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Talk money to me Bart....

Im probably going to use the OEM 19's but im easy....

Reactions: Bart

·
BMW new guy
1,185 Posts
I think you'd have to go carbon black! Black saloons are the mutts nuts

Great potential of a project. I'll be enjoying this

1 - 20 of 243 Posts