BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had these a while, only got around to having them sprayed over the weekend and picked them up tonight (cheers Brian!!)

Doesn't look like much - but its part of my sports kit and CSL lid - fitting it on Thursday!

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Colour came out really wierd in the photo for some reason. Not to worry!!

If anyones free on Thursday they're more than welcome to pop over for the fitting party (begins just after Liverpools World Club Championship match :D)

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Am going to do it outside my house - would be easier on the ramp alright, but a combination of me being impatient, and not being able to get it all down in one car to someone with a ramp rules that out!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Very tricky Ken. I fitted my kit and believe me...there would have been tears had it not been on the ramp. Sides are 10mins work...back bumper isn't the worst but the front has lots of work on the underside.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have looked at a few how-tos on it alright - looks like a slight pain. Will do the rear and sides first, and then attempt the front. Will try for the bootlid too. And to get my install finished... should be a busy day!

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To badge or not to badge - just wondering about the CSL lid - what are peoples thoughts on leaving the 328ci badge on or keeping it off??

·
Registered
317 Posts
If it was my own i'd probably leave the badge off so that people don't realise that it is the 2.8 under the hood and want to nick it.
I think that we can trust you not to put an M badge on it instead!!

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
While I'd prefer it not to get nicked, its had the 328 badge on for quite a while. I just think it might look a bit wierd because its a lot larger than the M3 badge. Don't think an M badge would suit it - looks fine on Richies but might also look a bit strange on mine!

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got dark before I finished! Not quite finished either to be honest. Hardest thing to remove was the rear bumper - needed a bit of brute force!! Front bumper came off easily - once I had the correct tools. Cost a small fortune getting them. Getting it back on went ok until I tried to bolt back in the main supports - needed an extension to the ratchet. Still couldn't get it properly - so will be saturday now before thats done!

Got nowhere near the bootlid or amp!!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts