BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IT might have done the head aswell i really dont know if im going to keep the car cause it dosent seem to be up to the stick i give it and every time i tax it it breaks down and it not the frist BMW to do this my dad s had ten over the years and hes says there all like this Sorry lads just a bit down

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Thats a pain in the arse, especially after you getting the subframe sorted. Sounds like it was driven hard before you had it, and now that you're giving it a bit of stick its falling over.

My dad has driven BMW's as well since 1980, and only one has ever had a significant problem - which was down to him not looking after it. He gave the car away (a 520i - 91 D 812 in case anyone spots it!) as he was told it'd be too much to repair. I saw it on the road a month later looking immaculate, and sounding perfect. Then saw it about 6 monhts further on in Ballincollig!! Point being that you'll probably end up selling it to someone who'll spend a small amount on it, it'll never break down again and they'll have gotten a bargain for themselves, its sod's law.

Other point is that I don't think they're all like that, like all cars theres good ones and bad ones - except for Alfas and Fiats where they're all bad :D

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
FIAT

Fix It Again Tomorrow !

Don't forget Audi's - '03 A3, on the back of a tow truck 4 times in one year with only 30K on the clock !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts