BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
The rasp is addictive!!
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure there are a few other gym junkies here. If so I'd be interested in knowing what supplements you take (if you do) and what you think of them.

I personally found optimum whey very good and maximuscle cyclone also very good. The rest of maximuscle was shite. I have had loads of brands i cant remember the name of though.

muscletech's celltech creatine was class also.

At the moment i'v being trying out my mates trec nutrition products but its too early to say anything about them.

Anybody use the new irish brand kinetica, i have a chance too buy it fairly cheap.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Optimum Whey is excellent.

Personally, I use Creatine (Prolabs), Glutamine (Prolabs), Whey plus an energy booster before (ALRI Primed ultra are great, but get them from abroad, v.expensive here)

Bar the energy booster, I reckon the others are almost essentials for effective workouts.

·
///Member
1,966 Posts

·
The rasp is addictive!!
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Optimum Whey is excellent.

Personally, I use Creatine (Prolabs), Glutamine (Prolabs), Whey plus an energy booster before (ALRI Primed ultra are great, but get them from abroad, v.expensive here)

Bar the energy booster, I reckon the others are almost essentials for effective workouts.
have you tried n large from pro labs?

·
The rasp is addictive!!
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just eat alot of pasta and tuna/chicken and alot of stirfrys. I would eat three fish meals a week. loads of fruit.

i heard yesterday that beetroot juice is a very good energy booster. dont know if i could stomach it though.

Iv been doing very little this year gymwise because its first year in college and going out has gotten the better of me:rolleyes: Hitting it hard this summer hopefully.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I've been weight training about 12 years now. I've researched the shite out of this and yes, unfortunately 90% of supplements are a waste of time.

The reason is very simple. All supplements must be 'safe' to use. That immediately prohibits most ingredients. I'm not condoning anabolic steroids in any way but you know what I'm saying.

I used Nutrition X and found it to be a waste of money. I used Maximuscles Extreme...waste. Maximuscle Cylcone isn't too bad. Remember ladies that Amino acids, particularly L Glutamine are very important. Eat about 2grams of protein for every kg of body weight. I weight 86kg so need about 170grams of protein every day. This is easier said than done. Don't skip brekkie...have a bowl of porridge, a good protein shake and throw 3 egg whites into it. Yumee.

Finally, cheap supplements are cheap for a reason. Some a full of sugar so watch the waistline. There is nothing more stupid looking than a big fella with a big sump to match. Keep the cardio up and eat 6 meals a day.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yep a supplement is exactly that. They're good last thing at night...especially with a low fat milk because the protein is released slowly into the body. Then after 7/8 hours sleep your body needs more protein so one for breakfast is good.

Cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts every night. Have one at around 11, have your lunch, then have one around half 3. If you're gyming around 7 have one around 6. Obviously eat something with the breasts. Stay away from cheap white bread. It's full of yeast. Make sure you drink plenty of water (not too much) as too much water can poison your body. Get plenty of sleep, 8 hours a night if possible.

In the gym, make sure you lift heavy all the time. Get a good spotter and get to know the other lads in the gym. They're there for the same reason you are so ye can push each other one.

And jesus lads...train your back and your legs. There's more to the body and chest, arms and shoulders. Remember your tricep makes up 70% of your arm.

I'm feeling pumped for the gym now...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I can highly recommend (from personal experience) the following:

USN Muscle Fuel Mass (for after heavy weights sessions)
USN Reocvery XCell (for after heavy anaerobic or cardio sessions)
USN CreatineX4 (for 30 mins prior to training or first thing in the morning on a rest day)
USN BCAAs (for 30 mins prior to training or first thing in the morning on a rest day)

·
Registered
300 Posts
I can highly recommend (from personal experience) the following:

USN Muscle Fuel Mass (for after heavy weights sessions)
USN Reocvery XCell (for after heavy anaerobic or cardio sessions)
USN CreatineX4 (for 30 mins prior to training or first thing in the morning on a rest day)
USN BCAAs (for 30 mins prior to training or first thing in the morning on a rest day)
The BCAA's are good alright...except why are they so feckin expensive??

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Some good advice there so far..

From a beginners point of view where is good place to start?

I have no time for the gym at the moment but from next week on il be working in one place so i should be able to get back into the routine.

Im not body building or anything i just want to regain some level of fitness and lose the extra unnecessary pounds, what would be a good supplement to start with?
Im around 5 foot 9, and weigh around 11st.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Some good advice there so far..

From a beginners point of view where is good place to start?

I have no time for the gym at the moment but from next week on il be working in one place so i should be able to get back into the routine.

Im not body building or anything i just want to regain some level of fitness and lose the extra unnecessary pounds, what would be a good supplement to start with?
Im around 5 foot 9, and weigh around 11st.

IMHO you don't need any supplements if you're just trying to get fit and lose some weight -

The key to weight loss is as simple - you just need to be in calorie deficit, i.e. take on less carlories than your body burns so that it will use the stored fat for energy. Bascially you need to diet ;)

You could google it or try to guess calorie intake but I'd recommend one visit to a dietician who can give you a meal plan which would work best/fastest.

Tbh, at 5'9" and 11 stone I wouldn't have thought you'd need to lose much weight? I'm around 5'9" too and I weight 76Kg which is just under 12 stone and I want to add another 8kg - 10kg of lean muscle (I'm not into bodybuilding either). Although I've only got just over 10% body fat...

·
Ronin
8,708 Posts
IMHO you don't need any supplements if you're just trying to get fit and lose some weight -

The key to weight loss is as simple - you just need to be in calorie deficit, i.e. take on less carlories than your body burns so that it will use the stored fat for energy. Bascially you need to diet ;)

You could google it or try to guess calorie intake but I'd recommend one visit to a dietician who can give you a meal plan which would work best/fastest.

Tbh, at 5'9" and 11 stone I wouldn't have thought you'd need to lose much weight? I'm around 5'9" too and I weight 76Kg which is just under 12 stone and I want to add another 8kg - 10kg of lean muscle (I'm not into bodybuilding either). Although I've only got just over 10% body fat...
20 pounds of muscle could take two years to build, doing it correctly with food and working out

·
Registered
3,684 Posts

Well maybe not lose weight but tone or tighten up what i have?if that makes sense....

Any particular workouts i should do?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
20 pounds of muscle could take two years to build, doing it correctly with food and working out
I'm so used to training after the olympics that I'm happy enough to spend the time. But working with my trainer & nutritionist I reckon a year should do it easy -

1 - 20 of 83 Posts