BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...replica :p

Havnt been around on ages but plan on being a regular! Picked this up last friday, sure might not be to everyones taste, not being a genuine M3, but I'm liking it and thats all that matters. Have a nice plan set out if money's good to me :p Had a few bmw's before.. this is my second 2.5l and granted its not the quickest, I like it's looks and plan improving. (cant afford to tax a real M3) Car stands FULL bmw service history with a folder of receipts you'd make a small book out of. Relatively high milage but seeing as service history is full and has every receipt you'd think of up to now it doesn't seem a bigger deal to me, HPI checks in there. Originally a UK car, brought over in 2011 if I remember correctly.

My camera has been acting up for a while, dodgy SLR and there only quick photos so not great, but you get the idea. Photos:

Am well able to take criticism so fire away as long as its not to hard :eek:

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
it doesn't do it for me, anyone who knows what an m3 is will know immediately that this is not an m3, also, nearly every hot hatch will kill it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd be the same, certainly dress it up and make it what you'd like, but enthusiasts know their cars and I wouldn't be making it out to be something it's not if it was my car personally. But in fairness, it's a good job, and I still bet it turns heads when you take her out :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Looks nice and nice pic only thing i dont like is the reg plates :eek:
First thing I did, they came in the post today! :) Hate the reg plates on it myself.. age it like mad.

I'd be the same, certainly dress it up and make it what you'd like, but enthusiasts know their cars and I wouldn't be making it out to be something it's not if it was my car personally. But in fairness, it's a good job, and I still bet it turns heads when you take her out :)
Yeah, Im contemplating taking the M3 badge off the back and leaving it plain, was ment to be buying a CSL lid from mike murphy but ended up buying a new laptop instead.. conversation with the mrs went something like this "I think im going to buy a new bootlid...", herself: "whats wrong with the one on it.." me: "nothing...." so yeah.

At the end of the day, it does turn a few heads which is all well and good..

Want to get all the lines perfect, M3 hubs/wish bones and brake kit second hand, CSL lid at some stage, my german plates are got, carbon fibre rear diffuser, carbon front spats, rear LED lights, 2 minds weather to have the roof wrapped, want to take off the sharkfin, few interior bits.. has full cream leather but don't know what I want to do yet as far as thats concerned.. has real carbon grills also.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wheels need a refurb also, quite like the ulta white canbus rear led reg lights.. I think it compliments the alpine white and gives it the fresh look it needs.

·
Premium Member
2,833 Posts
m3 rear badge needs to go.........

im deffo one for one changing up the look of a car no harm in that at all.....

but please dont badge it up to be somthing its not........

or living with the shame of,

some glanza or the like leaves u sitting and has great fun telling his mates, him thinging it was a real m3....:)

looks cool other than that deffo for a 99..... very fresh

pleanty of crashed m3 out there now, so ur get the rear quarters to beef up the look.......

·
The rasp is addictive!!
2,713 Posts
Looks good. If you could sort the rear arches it would fool me anyway.

Fair play. Wonder how it sounds with the m3 backbox and such a small engine

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks good. If you could sort the rear arches it would fool me anyway.

Fair play. Wonder how it sounds with the m3 backbox and such a small engine

Thanks for the comments folks, am takin notes :cool:

Not sure what I could compare the exhaust note to but I think it sounds fairly cool when opened up :eek: I'll try do a recording some how and post.

rear arches would be nice alright, costly but its an option. M3 badge off and maybe leave bootlid badgless or just M sport badge seeing as it has M stuff on it?

New reg plates:

Will use the double sided sticky pads to fit them on..

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I'd go with badge less on the bootlid

M3 interior would be next on the list for me if it doesn't have it already, followed by Xenons and led rears ;-)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd go with badge less on the bootlid

M3 interior would be next on the list for me if it doesn't have it already, followed by Xenons and led rears ;-)
How do I tell what head lights I currently have? They seem brighter white than usual?

Between angels, Xenon, HID, aftermarket things, ccfl I get lost :eek:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fitted my german plates earlier with x2 sticky pads I bought.. 10 mins of driving the front came off! one car rolled over it but it isn't bad.. have straightend it 95% I'd say..

What do people use to fix them to the bumpers? didn't really want to drill them but if push comes to shove..

Thinking surrounds maybe?

·
In the HAUS
3,523 Posts
Lost my front plate in a similar way too, found it the next day in the carpark.
Have never had any great success with double sided tape for whatever reason.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
think a few people being a little hard on this..... I Like it !

as said the m3 badge needed to go which you have done...the rear quarters are a great suggestion but i guess if you didnt fancy taxing an m3 then you wont be for cutting the rear arches off it which id personally leave alone...

its a lovely looking car..only thing id do is get a nice red or black m3 interior and just enjoy her

best of luck with it!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
think a few people being a little hard on this..... I Like it !

as said the m3 badge needed to go which you have done...the rear quarters are a great suggestion but i guess if you didnt fancy taxing an m3 then you wont be for cutting the rear arches off it which id personally leave alone...

its a lovely looking car..only thing id do is get a nice red or black m3 interior and just enjoy her

best of luck with it!!
Thanks Damo, coming from someone who has a real alpine white M3 and likes my own is a nice to hear and I appreciate it. I know a lot of M3 owners will probably look down on it, but this is all my budget allowed for at the time and im sure everyone knows what this country is like for tax so im not going to start preaching it lol. M3 badge isn't off yet, must take a hair dryer to it some stage to loosten any glue or adhesive that's holding it on.

Couple more pics on the driveway after a quick wash and sun was just about out :p

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh good god no:(
I smiled at that ;)

Just wait till the 23" chrome wheels are fitted and the 12" side exit exhausts, carbon wrapped windscreen and chrome window wipers with disco light interior ball. it'll be the bomb :eek:

that was an attempt at sarcasm btw :eek:

Reactions: mossie
1 - 20 of 42 Posts