BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 359 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked this up yesterday..The thing is mental lol..Great fun :)

Quick spec for those not familiar with french junk,

Being the Cup model it has,

Wider track,
No ABS,
No Aircon,
No spare wheel,
Front wndows are thinner,
Cloth seats.

Results being the car is about 85kg lighter thatn standard 172 so its about 960kg

0-60 6.6 secs approx
Top speed 138mph

Im sure il end up doing a few bits with it..Wheel refurb and lower it a bit for a start.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is she like in comparison to the 325? Looks like it's about half a second quicker up to 60 anyway;) Best of luck with it!

Cant compare it to the 325..Totally different but it would eat it to be honest..Much lighter,more nimble etc ect..Its just raw but serious fun.Even after having the likes of imprezas/evos and all that this is up there in terms of pure fun.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Savage car, well wear Dec! Are you going to bring it down to the C&C on Sunday? Would love to have a look at it

BTW, I've got the Autocar review of this (against the Cooper S) from 2002 if you want it?

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
:cool::cool::cool:
I would seriously consider one of these. A friends has a 2007 and another is looking at white special ones in the UK at the moment. Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Savage car, well wear Dec! Are you going to bring it down to the C&C on Sunday? Would love to have a look at it

BTW, I've got the Autocar review of this (against the Cooper S) from 2002 if you want it?
That would be great Geoff if you dont mind..

I wont be able to make it to C&C unfortunately.Have to go to my nephews birthday party but i will defo have it out at any other meets i can go to.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
That would be great Geoff if you dont mind..

I wont be able to make it to C&C unfortunately.Have to go to my nephews birthday party but i will defo have it out at any other meets i can go to.
No probs, it was actually Andy who gave me a bunch of old Autocars, but always nice to have a magazine with a review of your car in it. It's even the same blue too I think

I won't be doing any more meets until April though as I'm car-less after this one, but I can pass it onto Chris or one of the lads for you on Sunday

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lovely machine, looks very very clean too.

Any plans for it?

Thanks Donal.Yeah its clean ehough.Few scrapes here and there but overall quite tidy.

Short term plans are to refurb the wheels and maybe go anthracite with them and fit a set of sportlines..After that,who knows :D

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No probs, it was actually Andy who gave me a bunch of old Autocars, but always nice to have a magazine with a review of your car in it. It's even the same blue too I think

I won't be doing any more meets until April though as I'm car-less after this one, but I can pass it onto Chris or one of the lads for you on Sunday

Thanks Geoff..Much appreciated.

·
205 GTI
156 Posts
That's lovely! Only slightly jealous. I came close to buying a ph1 172 a few years ago and still rate them highly. Owning one at the moment wouldn't make much sense with the 205 outside though,

What exhaust is on it? So many of them are ruined with aftermarket ones at this stage as the originals rot like hell.

1 - 20 of 359 Posts