BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now heres something for the Porsche Boxster S to really worry about: The new Motorsport Z4M with a 3246cc 343bhp Straight Six, capable of 0-62.7 (100km/h) in 5.0, making use of a 6 speed Manual gearbox, M diff and M Suspension.

The car rides 10mm lower, 2mm longer & length is up by 22mm over the normal Roadster. Steering is hydraulically assisted steering rather than the normal electronic power assist. The battery has been moved to the boot to aid weight distribution,and its first outing should be the Detroit Motor show in January 2006.

The MZ4 is due on Sale later in Spring next year. UK prices are expected to be competitive at circa £38,000, although if the M3 prices are anything to judge by, this will be coming in close to €90K here in Ireland. Desirable extras include 18" Alloys as standard, a revised front air dam, bonnet bulge, quad-pipes at the back and an all new re-designed tail lamps.

<center>

</center>

·
Registered
561 Posts
I've just noticed something i don't like about the Z4 M in BMWcar mag this month, not liking the way they've just stuck an M badge on the wing behind the indicator roundel. Looks like an afterthought. Some wing vents like the ZM coup would have been nice. Just doesn't look right......other than that, it's sweet, can't wait to see the tin top.

www.bobs-shack.com
UUCMotorwerks & Forgeline wheels

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Good point Robbie, the Z3M coupe and roadster started the trend on the newer models, new M5 included- looks like they missed a trick with this one, albeit a small one. This model was a bit of a surprise and a very nice one, persoanlly not convinced that the new M3 will be all that we are expecting. It'll be too electronic, good for F1 where it's all about winning, not good in the real world as it's all about driving enjoyment. If I want electronics I'd play GT4.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I don't know about the new M3, i guess we'll just have to wait and see but it had better be damn good. No doubting in my mind that the M5 and M6 are a bit special, the Z4 M is a little bit lacking in the styling department and not very different form the standard Z4. I hope the new M3 is more of a proper coup and not just a two door E90, that would be a mistake IMO.

www.bobs-shack.com
UUCMotorwerks & Forgeline wheels

1 - 6 of 6 Posts