BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does anyone know the story with the 335i fuel injectors? I'm having a stumbling issue with mine since I got the car almost 3 years ago. Any research I have done tells me that I can't just replace 1 or 3 of the injectors but all 6 have to be replaced at a huge cost.

Moe told me that BMW replaced his injectors under warranty and it solved the issue but mine isn't covered.

·
Peter
612 Posts
If you log on to w w w . B m w h a u s . I e and pm username "Mark" he just picked up a set of new injectors for ~600 euro (instead of 2k) from a U.S. website I think. He also fitted / coded them himself so he can definitely point you in the right direction :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
I had to replace the 6 in my 2008 E92 325i (N53 engine) last year. Had rough idle on startup that got worse and worse. Initially I thought it was one of the coils BMW had replaced under goodwill but it turned out to be injectors. From what I know the injectors needed to be changed at a minimum in banks of 3 but I think the design changed so I had all 6 replaced.

From reading online at the time many who changed only 3 in one bank ended up having to go back and get the other 3 done soon after.

While I got no warranty or goodwill, Frank Keanes in Blackrock done me a great deal which I verified with one of our trusty forum BMW mechanics so let them do the work.

·
Registered
539 Posts
9th revision??? Jaysus :confused2:

You seem like a fella who can help me out I think :D
There was a stage in dealers that the techs were told not to fit what was on the shelf (delivered 3 weeks earlier) and wait until the next revision!

It's like the N47 timing chain guides - they changed physically but the part number remained the same!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
406 Posts
There was a stage in dealers that the techs were told not to fit what was on the shelf (delivered 3 weeks earlier) and wait until the next revision!

It's like the N47 timing chain guides - they changed physically but the part number remained the same!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That's partly why I let the dealer do it so I have the warranty and comeback just in case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts