BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have my NCT nex Tuesday, should hopefully pass no probs.... well maybe headlight alignment might be a bit off... Anyhoo, does anyone know if they'll fail me on the passenger seat not folding forward ?

A cable inside the seat snapped, i bought what i thought was the replacement from Joe Duffy's but the cable seems to be too long, i checked realoem and they have 2 different part numbers for the cable so i'm guessing i'll need the other one - will order off Joe Duffy's tomorrow but last one took nearly a week to come in !

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
I reckon they'll fail you alright - thats if they check it. When I was getting my last Civic NCT'd the guy couldn't figure out how to open the hatchback, so just didn't bother with that part of the test...

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
No they shouldn't fail you on that. When I got the 318is done before CHristmas the passanger seat wouldn't go forwards either. I slid the seat as far forwards as possible, raised it up and had the back vertical. The tester could just lean behind it to pull the seat belts and didn't even mention it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I got my NCT done today (passed thankfully! just had to put in new brake light bulbs to even up their intensity but didn't require an extra fee to check it).

I didn't see him doing it but he certainly was in the back seats to check the seat belts. Be sure to have your centre belt out on display too so that maybe he won't go into the back seats. Perhaps he'll go from the drivers side if you're lucky anyway.

I'm not sure myself if it is a fail but if that is the only thing you will be better to go in and let them tell you and if the seat recliner is the only issue it wont need to go onto a lane and can be checked outside which shouldn't attract extra fee on rechecking.

Good luck with it anyway!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Cheers Rich! I was relieved - so many niggly things I feared he would say were not acceptable but everything seemed to be spot on.
It gives me a bit of confidence in the test although I raised an eyebrow when a girl was told that her 01 Yaris failed the emmisions test but if she brought it to the garage across the road she'd be able to get it sorted immediately... maybe that's just the cynic in me!

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fingers crossed he'll just get in from the drivers side ! Didn't get a chance to ring Joe Duffy's today, bloody first day back in work :(

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nothing said about the seat Ken, i seen him mess around with it for a while alright !

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quote:Originally posted by Nev

i also had that problem with my e36, a little shite to fix, also got my part off Duffys
Where did you get the part no. Nev ?

I went onto realoem which gives 2 parts numbers, first one i ordered was wrong and just picked up the other cable today and its wrong too ?!!?!

·
Nev
136 Posts
Dave im a bit of a hoarder and i think i might still have the bag the cable came in with the broken cable(dont ask me why!!!!)along with the part number on the bag and ill let you know in the morning if its a thing I have it. I went to Duffys and the parts salesman called up the model of the car on his pc and through looking at the diagrams we located it, hope its the same one(bowden cable)

·
Nev
136 Posts
sorry i havent replied sooner,no joy at home with the part number,even rang j duffys to see if they had any of my old purchases on file, no luck either, but the lad in j duffy parts called keith was a gent and really went out of his way to help me, said if you had a chassis number you might have a better chance of nailing the right size, again Dave sincere appologies for the late reply,nev

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No worries Nev, thanks a mill for looking. Was also onto Joe Duffys myself today, again the guy was really helpful but said he'd need the chassis number to be sure he had the right part no. Will give him a buzz with it in the morning.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts