BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys new to the group, recently got a bmw 320d e90, I got the car knowing it wasn't boosting, the previous owners had told me they believe it's the turbo itself at fault, they gave me the car with a second hand turbo to fit, I've checked the turbo on the car myself and doesn't appear to be seized in any way or have any excessive play in it, I was going to fit it myself but don't want to waste my time doing it if it's not that at fault, I had it plugged into and there were no codes relating to turbo however there was a control unit INTERNAL 4 code have checked on Google and it's saying normally water damaged ecu is quite common for water to get to get to them, there was also a code swirl flap actuator activation, there are other codes I will Tell you about however I don't think they're related to the car not boosting, regarding the ecu fault I'm yet to see if it's wet but intend to but is there anyone on her that has had an issue with the eck with the same fault code and have lost complete boost due to This? After sorting the eck did it fix the problem after? Also regarding the swirl flap code, the previous owner made me aware the car has had a dpf egr and swirl flap delete, am I right in thinking if this swirl flap code is still appearing, would i be right to think that they haven't done the swirl flap delete map on the car and this could be causing the issue? The engine itself is running fine it doesn't misfire in any way and another reason I'm thinking its not the turbo is because it's not even trying to boost, at all, would anyone recommend having a proper look at the boost pipes? I've heard the turbo electric actuators are common on them however if it was at fault would there definitely be a code for it? PLEASE HELP hope someone else has had this issue and can guide me in the right direction?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts