BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So picked dis up Friday nd delighted wit it tho I do miss the 6 cylinder pull from the old 525tds. Did half a service today on it nd only half as I'd no size 36 socket to change the oil filter?. Changed the turbo breather filter also as a new turbo has just gone into it for peice of mind. Change the air nd pollon filter also nd found out that there was no pollen filter there in the first place and the air filter was black but the 1sy should sort out the fogged up windows. Also missin the plastic manifold goin onto the air filter which is very annoying mainly cause I didn spot it but 1st e46 so learning every day. Plans r to try nd fit the wheels from the e34'swirl flaps in the next 3 wks r so(anyone recommend someone in cork for it)and just enjoy the comfort. Did a vin check sat nite nd found out she has the full sports suspension as a optional extra so delighted wit that so won't b touching the suspension for a while. All comments welcome

Attachments

·
I'm a 2 wheel man really
2,180 Posts
You sure that's a diesel? petrol clocks in it mate? Either it's a petrol or someone's changed the clocks! Possibly for mileage

·
I'm a 2 wheel man really
2,180 Posts
Nice spot there David . Op I'd get that 1 irish owner on the phone asap

·
Registered
255 Posts
A 13yr old 320d with a car kit and only 106K on the clock? I heard warning bells ringing before seeing the tamper dot. It could also be that the LCM has been changed but they are petrol clocks. Are you 100% that it's an Irish car? Dealer or private sale? If private you just have to suck it up and move on. You would have to know that the seller falsely represented the car when selling it to have any chance slight of comeback. If dealer you have a bit of a chance.

Just noticed the towing eye cover is missing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
'Twas an English import but only 1 irish owner and 1 in England did a Cartell check nd showed up no problems wit the mileage but didn't even cop it was a petrol clocks. My heart has sank now nd was never a fan of DL regs either but wit that mileage I thought it b ok and wit a Cartell check. Wats dis tamper dot ya have mentioned and any way of findin out the true mileage. Car still feels very tight tho but must change the antiroll bar bushings nd drop links come Thursday and tie rods were sized so changed them also. Well pissed off now. Nd the fella I bought it off gets traded cars off car exchange nd sell em for them so doubt I've any come back but all info welcome lads

·
Registered
255 Posts
This is the tamper dot.

There is some way (but I forget how) of synching the clocks, they will set the mileage to the highest value they can find in the ecu or clocks and possibly the LCM. You could get a scare! Best of luck with the car anyway. I once had a 03 320d that I bought with 160K on the clocks. Sold it a year later with 190k and it never missed a beat.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Someone obviously changed the clocks for some reason. Swap them back to diesel clocks and get the mileage matched to the LCM and whatever else records mileage and your dot will go away. Other than that if the car is fine no reason the get upset. Welcome

1 - 14 of 14 Posts