BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Cruise Control Always On
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see the new M3 on top gear that comes with the competition pack and the matt paint finish that you can't put through a car wash, not able to polish it and tree sap is bad for it :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
doubt it would work in our summer climate!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,665 Posts
Evo car magazine have one on their fleet as well as BMWCar I think so nothing new and Top Gear is a bit behind in some stuff

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I liked it too, don't think I could live with it as a finish on my own car though. It was featured in the M3 edition of EVO about 6 months ago and as topaz say, they have one as a staff car.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Yeah liked the matt finish myself but how could you live with it?you take it out on a nice summer's day any then a bird opens up and destroys it:mad:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think you have to sign some sort of contract if you get that matt frozen grey that you will

- Never polish or wax the frozen gray paint as it could lead to a glossy surface.

- If washing your frozen gray M3 in a automatic car wash, choose a car wash that does not apply vehicle wax. Rinse the M3 with high pressure water to remove dirt before sending it through the automatic car wash to avoid scratches from sand, dust and other micro-particles.

- Remove bugs, bird poo, tree sap, tar, fuel spills or oil immediately using a soft sponge

·
Registered
296 Posts
two words... amber heard!

·
E39 530i
E39 530i, E38 728i, E91 318i
1,492 Posts
Just buy a normal one and get it wrapped in matt "frozen" grey... problem solved.
Thought the exact same thing myself. Cheaper (half the price), no restrictions and the option of going back to original metallic colour when you like. Not a great pic but here's a quick pic of a matt grey wrapped CSL. Quotes for this type of work in the UK seem to be around the £800 mark.

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
Saw one last May in BMW Welt in Munich - savage in the metal but you owuldn'tbe able to park one over here - some fcuker'd have it wrecked out of spite!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts