BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Quattro Representative
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need two new fronts so going to go for F1's but not sure whether to order off eiretyres and get there fitter to do it or go to Dave McCanns to get them, Id only be saving 20€ with Eiretyres??? hmmm decisions.

Any one used LUCAN PITSTOP SERVICES or G.C Tyres in swords aas they are eiretyres recommended fitters

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
I'm getting two cheap tyres off Dave Mc Canns to keep me going till I get the CH's - they are slightly cheaper from eiretyres - but I'd really have to go out of my way to get a fitter (Dave Mc Canns is literally across the road from my house)

When I mentioned this to Richie in Pro-Parts though, he said he can generally beat Eiretyres prices, and can get them fitted at Phoenix Tyres (I think)

I'd be tempted to go with McCanns because its handy- although you know theres an Eiretyres discount off this site?

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
Don't waste to much time over a few Euros because you will regret not getting new tyres on if she gets tail happy some wet day and it ends up costing alot more than 20 yoyos

·
Quattro Representative
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm someone didnt read properly, Im getting new tyres (fronts) but dont know whether to buy off eiretyres or Dave McCanns considering with discount its about 30 quid cheaper the eiretyres route

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
Okay you have to brake hard in the wet and end up stuffing into the back of someone else then you will end up paying more than €30 so get them sooner rather than later

·
Quattro Representative
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eh what are you smoking tonight Niall? My fronts still have above the legal tread on them and braking is fine (I tend to try and keep the legal distance behind the car in front) but I am trying to see whther its worth me ordering the F1's tonight whilst I am in work.

·
Quattro Representative
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well Ive ordered Eagle BVenturas, give them a go. Seem to get a very good review on the sites I checked out although they are a newish tyre. No point buying F1's tioll I change the alloys later in the year. Toyed with the Falkens but thought id try something diferent

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Will be interesting to see what those tyres are like Mike -

I came out of the gym this evening and I had a feckin puncture!! Haven't heard from Dave McCann yet to say my tyres are in stock - so am going to have to wait I suppose :( Space saver is a waste of space!! Feels like I'm driving on three wheels, and really don't like putting 200+ BHP through wheels smaller than that on my missus's Seicento

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
What are the differences between the BVenturas and the F1's?

I have the F1's on my car and love them, brilliant, far better (in my opinion) than those rubbish and expensive Pilots!!

Rich.

richie_rvf

·
Quattro Representative
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ill let you know when I get them altough I may not need them yet!
They get a better rating on the tyre review sites but mainly due to them lasting longer than the F1's!
Everyone seems to have diferent views, I know lads with Michelin pilots who swear by them

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Thanks, I found the pilots would let go with very little if no warning, the F1's have loads of feel - again, in my opinion ;)

Rich.

richie_rvf

·
Quattro Representative
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ordered the tyres on monday they arrived today now thats handy! Will try to get them fitted tomorrow

1 - 18 of 18 Posts