BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Doktor Displacement
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big run today. Basically a lap of North and a lump of Donegal. Started in Sprucefield and ended up in Portrush for dinner via Ballybofey and the Greencastle/Magilligan ferry.

265 miles for me. The highlight of which was about 50 miles behind an E60 M5 with an Eisenmann RACE exhaust system!!! :eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool: If anyone is feeling flush. I want one. ALOT :D

We had a right wee convoy:
2 x E38 740's
E65 730D
E60 M5
E39 M5
E30 M3
E39 523 (modified)
E46 316 (Modified)
E46 M3 CS
E46 330 CI
E36 325

·
Doktor Displacement
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great pics John... who drove while you snapped... looks like a great run well done to all
I was driving. My mate snapped them and I tidied them up when I got home.

Unfortunately the fotos dont capture the sound/noise of the E60 M5 with the Eisenmann Race exhaust system. :cool:

·
Doktor Displacement
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
fair play lads thats a nice spin a few here would not even leave the pale :p:D:D:D
They're all too busy bashing their keyboards. :D

was the Alpina D3 on the ferry part of the group john ??

seriously nice collection there :cool:
No the Alpina was an interloper. :D

Was a D3 so he was ignored! :D

Fair play that looks the bizness!!! Us here in Dublin will have to do a big run like that some time!!!
Ye's dont have it in ye's! :p:D

Only messing.

But this run was organised a fair bit in advance, well the date was anyway, so it allowed everyone to gather up the petrol vouchers. ;)

I'm sure that if there was a good run like this organised me and a few of the lads would come down and show ye's how its done. For a small fee. :D

Was talking to a few folks a while back about maybe doing a weekend run down the west coast taking in some of the touristy sites. Cliffs of Moher ect. Kerry's ring etc. :cool::cool:

·
Registered
909 Posts
Ye's dont have it in ye's! :p:D

Only messing.

But this run was organised a fair bit in advance, well the date was anyway, so it allowed everyone to gather up the petrol vouchers. ;)

I'm sure that if there was a good run like this organised me and a few of the lads would come down and show ye's how its done. For a small fee. :D

Was talking to a few folks a while back about maybe doing a weekend run down the west coast taking in some of the touristy sites. Cliffs of Moher ect. Kerry's ring etc. :cool::cool:
Well ya can count me in, I would defo do it!! Was down in Kerry the other weekend by the mountains, fine stretch of motorway down to it...Needless to say me Da had to remind me about the "pace" at which I was going :D

·
Doktor Displacement
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I organised a wee run back at the start of spring in Carlingford.

3 cars drove up from Dublin. :rolleyes:

It was specificaaly orgainsed in Carlingford to make it easier for the most amount of people to attend.

After that I said I wouldnt waste my time again.

Dont know what the problem is but there definately seems to be 2 types of members on this site. Those who want to actually go out and enjoy thier cars and those who just want to talk crap about cars on the forum (which is fair enough, each to thier own etc.).

Meeting in carparks etc is OK but nothing beats getting out for a good drive. Not talking about terrorising the countryside like but leisurely spin with a nice bit of scenery is always good.

As said if plenty of notice is given then folks can save up thier petrol tokens.

Down the west would be good but it would require an overnight for some probably. But if folks actually want to go, with a bit of notice the money can be put aside.

Like the look of that E30 M3 :)
You would have liked the sound of the E60 M5 with the Eisenmann Race system. Would make even your CSL sound like a pussy cat. :D

·
Registered
909 Posts
I organised a wee run back at the start of spring in Carlingford.

3 cars drove up from Dublin. :rolleyes:

It was specificaaly orgainsed in Carlingford to make it easier for the most amount of people to attend.

After that I said I wouldnt waste my time again.

Dont know what the problem is but there definately seems to be 2 types of members on this site. Those who want to actually go out and enjoy thier cars and those who just want to talk crap about cars on the forum (which is fair enough, each to thier own etc.).

Meeting in carparks etc is OK but nothing beats getting out for a good drive. Not talking about terrorising the countryside like but leisurely spin with a nice bit of scenery is always good.

As said if plenty of notice is given then folks can save up thier petrol tokens.

Down the west would be good but it would require an overnight for some probably. But if folks actually want to go, with a bit of notice the money can be put aside.
Ah well I wasn't here in Spring :D
And I would have gone cause I was living in Dundalk at the time!

Yeah yer right about getting an aul stretch out. We were up the Dublin Mountains and it was some drive back down to Tallaght :D

Yer also right about the plenty of notice, at least noone can give out and say that they didn't know. I know Alex is trying to get a few of us down for the Ennis event so hopefully we will get a few to that (Name already down :D)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts