BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since I'm going to hold onto the car, I've decided to start treating it!!

First up is the LED rears I wanted - bought them off eBay, so will let you know how I get on with them. They're not OEM (I don't want the hassle of getting the LCM reprogrammed) but are made by FK so the quality should be good.

Also have the genuine facelifted reversing lights on order from Joe Duffys to finish it off!!

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah - my bank account and girlfriend probably won't be too happy though!! Have a few other bits and pieces either on their way, or sitting at home waiting to be fitted... and a lot more stuff I want to buy, all in good time I suppose!

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the parcel was speaker adaptors and not lights :(

But I did pick up the facelifed OEM tailights today (the section that fits to the boot) and they look fantastic - will get photos once I recover my camera!! €110 from Joe Duffys in case anyone has some cash burning a hole in their pocket

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it last night! Also found a place doing the lights cheaper though. Will take photos thjis evening, although the car is badly in need of a wash...

Turns out the LED's were out of stock with the supplier, so they haven'tt even been posted yet

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well heres the new facelifted rears - LED's still haven't been posted :(

They match the old lights perfectly - but reflected differently with the flash - and not being covered in dirt probably made a difference too!!

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got one of them fitted - part of the old light has to come off (the black seal that sits flush in between the light and the tailgate (if that makes sense) Didn't want to come off the old one, and didn;t want to stay on the new one...

They're also not designed to allow the old backing plate back on , a hammer and a saw should gently persuade it back on!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Ken,
Did you mean you found somewhere to do the lights cheaper, did you mean the boot insert lights or the LEDs? I wnat to change the bootlid insert lights on mine

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its the boodlid inserts - I bought them from Joe Duffys for €110, but found a place in Germany doing the pair for €60...!! It'd probably only work out slightly cheaper by the time they're posted though. The difference with them would be far more noticeable on your car I'd imagine...

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I have been looking at cars with them and am definitely going to do it, the discoloured look of the old ones looks terrible against the black, and as I just got my rear bumper repainted they look worse.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mine weren't too discoloured, so they looked ok in that sense. But I just think the facelifted ones update the look of the car for what amounts to the price of a night out!

Will dig out the link this evening and post it up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts