BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried using www.partsgateway.co.uk - I thought I would let people know my experience with them. I'm looking for a door seal and I was able to post a request for this on the site and the request then gets sent to half a dozen scrap yards that will post worldwide.

1 of the yards came back to say they had what I was looking for and gave a quote including VAT, postage and a 90 day warranty. Unfortunately they had every colour bar the beige I wanted but told me to call them in a week.

A very good and efficient site which saves a lot of phone calls to scrappies and lets them come to you!

If this is old news then i'll get my coat!! [:I]

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
I always wondered if those sites actually worked! Had visions of my request sitting in a database somewhere without ever being seen! Will give it a go when I'm after something again.

·
Registered
673 Posts
There's another similar one called 247spares.co.uk. I used it before lookin for a merc engine for my Dad and within 1hour I had a call to say they had one and were ready to ship it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh I can vouch for the speed - 5 of the 6 scrappies were back within the hour and 1 had (albeit the wrong colour) a quote. When I didn't get in touch that day they mailed me on the above website to a PM to ask if I had sourced the seal somewhere else or did I want to go ahead with it.
The final place (FAB) were back within 24 hours.
Impressed - certainly worth a try if you need anything of the sort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts