BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently got the car serviced and a couple of sensors replaced.

I have since got the engine light, and hoping its nothing too much. I was wondering if anybody with a diagnostic reader would be generous enough to let me hook my e46 coupe up to it. Of course I can travel.

Also I have been looking on eBay, and the Peake tool is around the 120e mark....should I invest? or does anybody have a second hand unit for sale?
I have read a couple of the articles on other diagnostics ( using other software etc...but afraid my technological knowledge wont be that great)

Cheers,

Niallu

·
Ronin
8,708 Posts
davy b put out my engine light again a big thanks big man. I think u need to find what is causing it to throw up

·
E63 Bmw 645Ci
4,576 Posts
if your ever around Ennis i can reset it for ya,

but like Bart said if the fault is still there it will come back on again , really need to sort the root of the problem, any idea whats causeing it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a clue dave....I bought the car about a month ago (pics to follow).... After about two weeks I took my first trip back to Galway and the light came on on the motorway.

Car seems to be running smooth enough but don't like when its on!

Yeah I'd probable need once to reset then take for a spin and see if it comes back and pinpoint what's failing!

So anybody want to sell their Peake reader??? :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
have peak reader if you are still looking, hardly used, 60 levers plus postage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all, got this sorted today with the help of rebel ranter :)

A suggested before it was a cat issue....but light is off since so hope it stays that way.

Thanks Seanie, I think I'm going to go for cable to hook up to my laptop instead of the Peake reader in the end.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
....no point someone from cork offering if your in dublin
AHEM! :)

Hey if the light re-appears again (which it most likely will) give me a shout to double check that it's the same fault. It was both bank 1 CAT (it mentioned "due to aging") & sensor after CAT that came up as errors.

·
Registered
179 Posts
AHEM! :)

Hey if the light re-appears again (which it most likely will) give me a shout to double check that it's the same fault. It was both bank 1 CAT (it mentioned "due to aging") & sensor after CAT that came up as errors.
it is more than likely the rear 02 sensor that is at fault, 9 times out of 10 if you get a code for your cat it is the post cat sensor its function is as a monitor for the cat it has no control over fueling on most engines and doesn't affect running.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well that would be much better if it was just the sensor Seanie.

I've found it fairly economical using on the motorway.... getting about 40mpg or so.

I'll see how long it stays off for this time :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts