BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
  • Sit in the car with all the doors shut and windows up with your key fobs (all your fobs need to be done at the same time)
  • With one of your keys turn the ignition on then off and remove the key
  • Press and hold the unlock botton and then press the lock button 3 times.
  • Release all buttons and the locks will bounce up and down.
  • Repeat this with the other key/keys (press and hold unlock and press lock 3 times, locks will bounce)
Note: Only switch your ignition on once, doing so again while programming will reset the process and you will have to start again.

Thanks healyc!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
So when i get my key off here i can programme it to my car myself instead of going to BMW????? Thought they were the only ones that could do it???

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So when i get my key off here i can programme it to my car myself instead of going to BMW????? Thought they were the only ones that could do it???
BMW code it for the purposes of your immobiliser/alarm etc. Programming it (as in the above) is so that it will activate central locking & total closure (windows) etc via the buttons.

·
Autolifers.com
7,482 Posts
  • Sit in the car with all the doors shut and windows up with your key fobs (all your fobs need to be done at the same time)
  • Repeat this with the other key/keys (press and hold unlock and press lock 3 times, locks will bounce)
Note: Only switch your ignition on once, doing so again while programming will reset the process and you will have to start again.

Thanks healyc!
If you you rub the key fob after all of this will a genie appear with 3 wishes :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
ciars

Do you know maybe how to programm autolock in E46 318Ci 07/2001 ??
I would like to activate this option but it seems to be available only from stealers:mad:

regards
aror82

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Sorry to go off the topic but just wondering aror82 have you
just bought your 318ci? It llok like my other halfs old car.I know
there is more than 1 red 318ci in the country but I did see it up
for sale on donedeal in the last few months.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ciars

Do you know maybe how to programm autolock in E46 318Ci 07/2001 ??
I would like to activate this option but it seems to be available only from stealers:mad:

regards
aror82
I'm afraid 'autolock' is only availble via connection to BMW software. The locks will then auto-lock at about 10-20 KM/H

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to go off the topic but just wondering aror82 have you
just bought your 318ci? It llok like my other halfs old car.I know
there is more than 1 red 318ci in the country but I did see it up
for sale on donedeal in the last few months.
No I got it in Dublin from 1 lady owner in Nov 2009, I had it for sale on Donedeal.ie
still want to sell it as I need to get something bigger, ( baby on board) :) hehe

Regards
aror82

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm afraid 'autolock' is only availble via connection to BMW software. The locks will then auto-lock at about 10-20 KM/H
I thought so. I seen some manual how to set up 'autolock' without going to stealers but it didn't worked on mine baby, so if there are any other ways to do it way not to try it, I don't want to go to stealers and get pay for 5mins work but pay for full hrs as they told me :mad: 120€ !!!

ahh ifwe can't do it we can't nothing huge happened.
thanks

·
Premium Member
2,833 Posts

Thanks healyc!
thank you for this info, one of my keys wouldnt lock or unlock the doors remotely, i thaught the key was damaged in some way... it now works 100% thanks...!!!!

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought so. I seen some manual how to set up 'autolock' without going to stealers but it didn't worked on mine baby, so if there are any other ways to do it way not to try it, I don't want to go to stealers and get pay for 5mins work but pay for full hrs as they told me :mad: 120€ !!!

ahh ifwe can't do it we can't nothing huge happened.
thanks
Sorry, missed this!

Give one of the independent garages a shout, I'm sure it can be done for far less than the BMW quote.

·
User unregistered
158 Posts

Thanks healyc!
I was having trouble with my passenger door not opening with the key,so i tried this and now the central locking isn't working all together,anybody have any ideas as im clueless to it,cheers...

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was having trouble with my passenger door not opening with the key,so i tried this and now the central locking isn't working all together,anybody have any ideas as im clueless to it,cheers...
You need to follow the procedure exactly or you will undo the key programming!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts