BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from one of the guys on my Honda site -
Retailing at €20 just for the kit or €25 including the puncture repair kit. Are available at a reduced rate of €15 for the pump or €20 for the kit for site members.

Its a Dunlop made kit taken from Accord Estates and they replace them with a spare wheel.

The Pump runs off the cigarette lighter, has a PSI gauge on it and can be used for pumping trailers, slow leaks etc but is useful for trackday/drag racing enthusiasts who will know that there are no facilities for tyre inflation at Mondello or the drag racing events.

The Puncture repair kit consists of a bottle of gunk for blocking the leak, pliers for removing nails/screws etc, valve remover etc and the instruction book. Its only a temporary fix though. You could use it in space of a spare wheel if your desperate to shed weight on the car or as a back up in case you get two punctures.

If anyone is interested, let me know!!

Ken

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard they're quite good - but I think they stop you from being able to repair the tyre afterwards? This could be a moot point for people like me anyway, as most places won't repair a punctyure in a performance tyre anyway.

·
Quattro Representative
2,187 Posts
tempted cos I want to lose the spare but I am probably losing the cigerette lighter though aswell due to another idea Ive had

1 - 13 of 13 Posts