BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a few Evoque's in Ballsbridge earlier today. I think they look quite OK.
Start off at €40975 for the boggo Pure 5-dr which has a 2.2 diesel I think in the €302 tax band. Seems to be a good range of customisations as well.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Range rover evoque Sport utility vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Range rover evoque Range rover

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Range rover evoque

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto show Range rover evoque

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto show Range rover evoque

·
Registered
51 Posts
they look lovely alright pity they're about as reliable as a fiat.... and post forecourt re-sale is something that'll make you laugh...........once you don't buy one........

·
///Member
1,966 Posts
They're so nice, I can't wait til there are more on the road. Hopefully people will buy them instead of those hideous Q3 and Q5 I see everywhere now :(

·
Keep it clean
2,495 Posts
they look lovely alright pity they're about as reliable as a fiat.... and post forecourt re-sale is something that'll make you laugh...........once you don't buy one........
Fiats are reliable so that puts that old adage to bed.

And way the model hasnt been out long enough for anyone to get any bearing on the reliability i would have thought. No ?

·
Wanted: e46 key remote
1,281 Posts
Since ever... Fiats have this fake notion that they are useless vehicles with a terrible record for reliability when this simply isnt true in the real world.

If you knew anything about them then you would know what im saying is true.
First off, no need to jump down my throat.

Infact I do know something about them, I had one as my first car and with 60k burst into flames on the N11. My aunt had one from new and within 2 years there was rust on the inside of the arches and cills, to which the main dealer wouldnt do anything about until a solicitors became involved.

So no, they are not built well

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
fix it again tomorrow's are reliable :eek: thats news to me it must be the brand new ones because i had 2 a 99 and a 03 and both were unreliable dirtbox's

friends bravo - headgasket went
his sisters punto - headgasket went
my 1st car punto - headgasket went
fiat stilo- clutch went at 20k

and so on the list is endless

·
Keep it clean
2,495 Posts
fix it again tomorrow's are reliable :eek: thats news to me it must be the brand new ones because i had 2 a 99 and a 03 and both were unreliable dirtbox's

friends bravo - headgasket went
his sisters punto - headgasket went
my 1st car punto - headgasket went
fiat stilo- clutch went at 20k

and so on the list is endless
And what made you buy x2 if they were that bad ?

Ive found that the fact is most Puntos / Bravos et al fell into hands were they were not maintained / serviced correctly (cheap and cheerful) Past into hands of first time drivers coupled with bad maintenance history thats going to cause problems.

They certainly do not deserve the generic F I A T tagline.

Any way back to the OP post. I like them and the pricing is actually pretty good, they have gotten it right!

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
And what made you buy x2 if they were that bad ?

Ive found that the fact is most Puntos / Bravos et al fell into hands were they were not maintained / serviced correctly (cheap and cheerful) Past into hands of first time drivers coupled with bad maintenance history thats going to cause problems.

They certainly do not deserve the generic F I A T tagline.

Any way back to the OP post. I like them and the pricing is actually pretty good, they have gotten it right!
they were bought both from fiat when the first one popped we got a credit note for a full refund against a newer model which was supposedly stronger and more reliable :rolleyes: i was young and dumb plus the other half liked the stilo and we were car sharing at the time but i learned my lesson the hard way i can honestly say that i will never ever own one again because they are unreliable they are fancy on the outside but grade A dirt underneath imo.
the fiat uno on the other hand was a legend though :D

·
E63 Bmw 645Ci
4,576 Posts
I never had a fiat but did have a loan of a new punto before, all I can say is I hated it ,good points were it is massive inside them and cheap to run but felt very flimsy and the one I had was brand new , I'd say they would make a great city car but are most definitely not suited to speeds over 40 mph as for people slagging fiat reliability, I'd suggest you have a look through this forum it's not like Bmw's are the most reliable car in the world , all cars give some trouble. it very much so depends on the previous owners

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Im going to jump in here and defend the Fiat too…

Granted that the Punto was renowned for headgasket problems, but that aside there were actually a grand little car for the price they can be bought for. Next time you pass a Taxi rank have a look… Count the amount of those fiat people carriers you see, a local taxi driver to me has one and its done over 400k miles on the one engine and the only bother its ever given was the clutch at something like 250k.

I also had one a company van back in 2006, it was a Doblo or something, it done savage mileage while I had it and never missed a beat and even though it was sold off after two years I happen to know for a fact its still on the go…

·
Registered
229 Posts
F.Y.I

Victoria beckham was heavlily involved in the design process of this "jeep".

How cool do they seem now.....:D

Personally I wouldn't have one. you either need a Jeep or you don't. :rolleyes:

·
Wanted: e46 key remote
1,281 Posts
Yea Fiats are fine for what they are, cheap cars, not built to last in most cases, I was only against the comment "fiats are reliable" Nobody in their right mind would say that. I'm sure some are, but 4/5 fiats are probably punto's, which certainly aren't reliable.

I also note Listermint who started by saying: "Fiats have this fake notion that they are useless vehicles with a terrible record for reliability when this simply isnt true in the real world.

If you knew anything about them then you would know what im saying is true." hasnt told us about his what I assume will be a huge past catalogue of fiat ownership yet.

·
Keep it clean
2,495 Posts
Yea Fiats are fine for what they are, cheap cars, not built to last in most cases, I was only against the comment "fiats are reliable" Nobody in their right mind would say that. I'm sure some are, but 4/5 fiats are probably punto's, which certainly aren't reliable.

I also note Listermint who started by saying: "Fiats have this fake notion that they are useless vehicles with a terrible record for reliability when this simply isnt true in the real world.

If you knew anything about them then you would know what im saying is true." hasnt told us about his what I assume will be a huge past catalogue of fiat ownership yet.
My Flatmate had x2 Puntos

Ive another 2 close friends that have had 1 each. None of them new in fact all ranging from 96 up to about 2004.

Any of them had an issues ? Thermostat went in 2 of em.

1 went into a wall (low speed)

The other was only finished off by his father into the back of a passat as he hadnt realised when he took it for a loan that it had no ABS.

Dont take it personally that Fiats are not as bad as you are making it out. You must subscribe to the F I A T squad. They are no worse or better than other marques in that price range. Its blown a bit out of proportion. Once again dont take it personally...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts