BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1996 320iC Highlights:
Leather, full electric black roof, hardtop, full ///M kit including mirrors & splitter, replica (I think) Motorsports plus 4 spare just in case :eek:, centre armrest (retrofitted recently), Pioneer head unit & speakers (unmolested), revised kidney grilles, auto-dim mirror, Motorsport engine cover (original cracked so invested in Motorsport one for the, ahem, craic!)

Owned since: August 2001

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Given that this weekend was so dreary & wet I'd thought I'd put up some pics (taken on iPhone on a sunny day last year) of the e36 in the sun & varying stages of the roof operation.
Enjoy.

This is my favourite photograph of the car:

It's still my favourite car 10 years on. Sun please shine! :cool:

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
I reckon the E36 is one of the best looking verts around with its roof up. It doesn't seem to ruin the lines like you see with some other cars

·
Registered
52 Posts
I remember this car used to be around the airport a lot around 2000/2001.

In fact i have two bad polaroid photos of it in one of the carparks there in either the second half of 2000 or first half of 2001.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I remember this car used to be around the airport a lot around 2000/2001.

In fact i have two bad polaroid photos of it in one of the carparks there in either the second half of 2000 or first half of 2001.
It was still up there until very recently, gone into semi-retirement now (the car that is not me!).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Great car if you get the weather. How do you find a hard top convertible to live with?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great car if you get the weather. How do you find a hard top convertible to live with?
The hard top for all intents & purposes makes it like a coupe when it's attached. It has built in interior lights & a rear window demister. I have a place to store it during the fairer weather.
You don't need the sun to be splitting the stones to drop the top either. I've said it before a quick spin with the top down is the best cure for a hangover. Or if you've had a crap day at work it's nice to go for a drive with the hood down to clear your head.
It doesn't need to be sunny all day either. All you need is an hour here & there.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts