BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
looks stunning mark excellent choice love the 6 series its a perfect mix of both your other cars rolled into one fine piece of german engineering

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice base to start on. Any plans for it? (Lowering, wheels etc)
Tax it & put some petrol in it! I like it the way it is.

Maybe the following might be done:
- an iPod integration kit of some sort (Most, Dension or other), missed out on an EBay bid for one last night.

Nice car:cool:it's crying out for a set of plates:D.....
- I already have Eireplates on the case for a set of German plates & surrounds, I'll have to see what the plates look like before I decide how permanent they will be. Collecting them Thursday.
- Some paint correction, there are a few scrapes here & there that I think a good detailer could remove. I think the car is so wide that it is prone to branches, etc. touching off it.
- One wheel needs a refurb.
- A few plastic caps for the locking nuts
- Get a front & rear spare tyre in stock, maybe consider a conversion to regular tyres, road noise is terrible from the run flats!

It has everything I could want really. It makes my poor old e36 look old next to it :eek:

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm planning on hanging on to the other two, taxing the convertible for the summer only. I have secured an outdoor safe storage for it for the winter but working on a number of indoor options. I still like my e36!

As for day 3 of ownership of the 6 I have a few observations:
- really wide car
- SMG is actually the business, especially in Sport mode, you can make it drive smooth if you need to using normal mode but if you want to accelerate rapidly then boy dies it feel like it's moving! Gear change is rapid! Downside is that if you're coming from driving an auto (like me) you have to remember to change gears (it auto shifts downwards alright, not so much upwards)
- 19' runflats are ridiculously noisy, especially noticeable on the motorway on the way home. E39 much quieter for that Cork-Dublin spin
- this is my 1st iDrive car (gave driven loads before but it is my first owned iDrive) why were all the motoring journos giving out about it?
- the electric steering is effortless
- sport seats are extremely comfortable
- interior is a nice place to be

Did I mention SMG makes it real fun?

·
2003 E39 525i
5,618 Posts
Nice one Mark - lovely bus - very best of luck with it! Hopefully it'll treat you well over the years (judging by your other 2, you might have it a while! :p)
And you even managed to get a "C" Reg into the bargain! :D

Id say its a dream to drive...bar the RFT's :rolleyes:

- this is my 1st iDrive car (gave driven loads before but it is my first owned iDrive) why were all the motoring journos giving out about it?
I never listen to them when they give out about technology in the car, because they are usually auld farts that just know how to write columns on a PC and I reckon thats about their limit with regard to being tech savy! ;)

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Lovely motor, never knew SMG was available on the e63, is this the same SMG2 as the e46 or more like the SMG on the e60 M5 "which it looks more like"? Nice alloys too.

·
502 Posts
Sweet looking car lad.. It looks mint:cool:

Ill have to keep an eye for it.. Health to enjoy;)

Reactions: rebel.ranter

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I might be tempted by the mirrors. Wheels are nice but I actually like what's on it at the minute. The lowered stance would probably ruin the ride, the 19' runflats make it tough enough on country roads.
I think it will stay pretty standard, maybe subtle mods like I did with the e39. I forgot one item on my wishlist would be the oval rearview mirror, however I do like my compass mirror in the e39.....

·
E63 Bmw 645Ci
4,576 Posts
dump the runflats i did on mine and it transformed the ride , now to be fair it will still be harder than the E39 , they are still 19' alloys they will always be hard ,but it will be smooth and quiet on good roads
and ya idrive is simple youll be doing it without even looking at the screen soon :D

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey davy what is your spare wheel plan in lieu of the runflats? Wouldn't mind seeing a picture of how you have it set up.

·
E63 Bmw 645Ci
4,576 Posts
1 - 20 of 178 Posts