BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone , just a word to say all of you members who drive E90s 318d & 320d , you really dont know what your missing be not getting it remapped . was asked to put this post up by a customer who i chipped a 320d for last week : 163bhp goes to a staggering 195bhp , 340nm @2000rpm increases by 60nms , thats 400nm @ 2000rpm . that huge performance gains . the vehicle has been transformed right up through every gear & and is a pleaseure to drive as a result . job took less than 2hrs , while my customer was having a long lunch . needless to say his journey back to killkenny was alot shorter than before lunch .....................happy days

SAFE MOTORING !

Turbo Tuning

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's sounds very impressive

Just one genuine question ..

'chipped ire' quote their remapped figures as being 190bhp&400nm, how do yous get the 195bhp?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi guys

in answer to IONs question :: each tuning system can achieve different values of bhp & torque . generally the figures are very close on good professional tuning systems as they keep within " safe working " settings but they can differ from anything up to 10-15bhp. i do not know what system ********** uses so cannot comment on this

in answer to FAZZs question :: im not sure if this customer put it on a rolling road or not . we welcome all our remapped vehicles to be tested at any time , ideally before & after the remap as then the true bhp of the vehicle is apparent and from previous customers , the figures when tested rarely dissappoint

mant thanks for your interest

turbo tuning

·
Hardcore member
1,059 Posts
do you guys map X5`s? x5kid has his chipped but i think his is not running right... was chipped when he bought it... what are his options?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi all ::

bmwmugguy :: yes , we remap X5s , they respond very well . guy has 2 options . 1 ) check the fault diagnosed correctly & and pinpoint where excatly where the fault lies 2) if you think its the remap , get an " original " file uploaded into the vehicle and test drive it to see if the fault is still present . if it is well is not the remap !!

JM1 :: +30bhp & +60nm torque . will pm you a quotation

lukedude :: if you havent remapped anything before ..........what are you waiting for ?? get in touch with ourselves or Autoremap for details ...........you will not be dissapointed

turbo tuning

·
Registered
677 Posts
hi all ::

JM1 :: +30bhp & +60nm torque . will pm you a quotation

lukedude :: if you havent remapped anything before ..........what are you waiting for ?? get in touch with ourselves or Autoremap for details ...........you will not be dissapointed

turbo tuning
Can you Pm me with a quote for a 04 320d 6speed (150bhp)

·
Registered
51 Posts
...i chipped a 320d for last week : 163bhp goes to a staggering 195bhp , 340nm @2000rpm increases by 60nms , thats 400nm @ 2000rpm . that huge performance gains...
Excellent... I was going to ask for the dyno chart but then...

...im not sure if this customer put it on a rolling road or not . we welcome all our remapped vehicles to be tested at any time , ideally before & after the remap as then the true bhp of the vehicle is apparent...
How can you be so certain of the figures if it wasn't dyno'd?

How exactly do you do your mapping without a dyno? Is it just a premade map you load onto the ecu?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent... I was going to ask for the dyno chart but then...

How can you be so certain of the figures if it wasn't dyno'd?

hi there , every vehicle responds differently to remapping and can vary from a few bhp , a dyno is probably the true test of bhp . in our experience over the years our software " does excatly what it says on the tin " .

How exactly do you do your mapping without a dyno? Is it just a premade map you load onto the ecu?
yes , we create a " tuned file " that we upoad into the vehicle . with no need for a dyno .

i have pm'd you a quote matt.

donal

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright thanks, but I'm still curious... how can you be so certain of the figures if it wasn't dynod?

as mentioned in your post but got pasted in error ::
hi there , every vehicle responds differently to remapping and can vary from a few bhp , a dyno is probably the true test of bhp . in our experience over the years our software " does excatly what it says on the tin " .

we have had our remapped vehicles dyno'd over the years and the software has proven itself to be correct each time , if it wasnt we would not use it .

many thanks for your continued interest

donal

1 - 16 of 16 Posts