BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy's,

I have a 01 316. Each time I put the car into reverse the sensor constantly goes off, it looks like one of the actual sensors is slightly pushed back about half an inch, would this be the cause of it or is there a way I can knock it off completely as it's doing my head in!

Cheers

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Hi guy's,

I have a 01 316. Each time I put the car into reverse the sensor constantly goes off, it looks like one of the actual sensors is slightly pushed back about half an inch, would this be the cause of it or is there a way I can knock it off completely as it's doing my head in!

Cheers
Yup, it's signalling a fault with the sensor (by design). You should be able to pickup a replacement through a wanted advert on here, or by thrawling eBay/DoneDeal/Adverts :cool:

·
Keep it clean
2,495 Posts
Also you might just remove it, clean it and place it back in properly. This could resolve.
If not as above, buy a new one. Its an easy and well worth while change.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also you might just remove it, clean it and place it back in properly. This could resolve.
If not as above, buy a new one. Its an easy and well worth while change.
Yeah I'll try whip it out and give it a clean and see how it goes.

Is there a way to disable it for the time being?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Before I start to play around with sensors is there any advice or tips on how to remove them from the bumper?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts