BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was down in Westport for a few days and saw some seriously nice scenery. We should all head down there for a weekend and a drive. Great roads and breathtaking scenery.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Richie

Is that the road to Leenane you were on? A friend has a house in louisburg and we go down there for a week every year to play golf etc It really is "gods country" on that road.

Mick

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
You know what, we should go there - make for a great photo - all the cars lined up along the road ?

Rich.

richie_rvf

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@MickB...Thats it alright. Funnily enough I never made Leenane. I was following signs all the way but then they disappeared and it was either Clifed or Westport so i opted to head back for Westport.

@Rich...I agree,there are loads of spots for great pics. The silver strand beach would be an ideal spot.White sand with 20 bmw's on it.Perfect.

·
Nev
136 Posts
me and my mates spent a great weekend at killary harbour adventure cente, watersking, and chasing ferries on super fast ribs, two really friendly pubs down in leenane,excellent for the craic, really nice people and the odd hen party!!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Achill was too far as i didn't head out until 13:00 due to a very sore head. Had I been out from early morning I might have ventured there. Next time :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Ken...going too fast to notice......Ah no,I was just commenting last night on how I drove 500 miles and the only camera was comin back into Lucan.

·
Registered
252 Posts
BEAUTIFUL PART OF THE COUNTRY I HAVE A MOBILE HOME , IN NORTH MAYO DO QUITE A BIT OF FISHING AND SHOOTING THERE..

///MACKEROO1

·
Registered
363 Posts
Beautiful part of the country. You should try the Sky Road over at Clifden some time as well! You could have come through Leenane to get to Galway - would have brought you either through Joyce country or the Inagh Valley to Maam Cross, Oughterard and Moycullen.]

I think Kevin Barry organises a drive around there every summer through the BMWCC.

Current: BMW E39 520i 2.0 SE Black 69k to infinity!

Still Technically Dyslexic!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts