BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to be juggling a few too many modifications at the moment... but not to worry. This one is my Blue Peter-esque piece of fun. Am putting an install in - maintaining the factory headunit, new components up front, coaxials at the rear, and a decent amp.

Heres the first bits that Ive put together - the Amp will mount on the back of one of the seats, and the signal processor will go in front on it on the boot floor - should keep all the wires out of view. Am quite happy with my first attempts - although the house was a bit of a mess after my fibreglass usage!!

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Two more pics -

The LC6 in its custom mount

And the mount without the LC6 - you can see the MDF underneath where the wiring will be stuffed!! :D

·
Quattro Representative
2,187 Posts
looks sweet mate, very factory looking which is what I like! Not seen one of those pre amps before but since you are sticking with your factory headunit then thats a good option to go for

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Mike - the pre-amp is supposed to work excellently with the standard BMW headunit, so the sound quality overall should be quite good.

Am attempting to keep it as factory looking as possible, the carpet is just about a perfect match which I'm happy with - it looks alot lighter than it actually is in the second two photos.

·
Quattro Representative
2,187 Posts
Has got me all excited bout getting mine done now. Going to get on the blower and booked in for feb. Hopefully I should have an install worth shouting about then

·
Quattro Representative
2,187 Posts
getting the subs and amp mounted in a custom rack, with stealth panels fitted to hide it all away nicely but be able to remove to show it all off if I want and be able to adjust the amps. Also it will give me maximum boot space. Have to decide between black leather and alcantara now

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
Can't wait to see the finished install Ken ( will be talking to that contact of mine this week so will get back to you asap)

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers Niall! Theres no rush on it...

Started the mountings for my crossovers last night - bit of a disaster though - not enough hardener in the fibreglass resin :(

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
Or were you inhaling to much fumes which in turn fu**ed up you judgement etc

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats sounds more likely!! I put too much in the last time and it hardened within minutes, so thought I was being clever this time. Went to check it this morning and it was all soft!

·
Quattro Representative
2,187 Posts
keep up the good work, Im liking this install, very simple and subtle! Mines booked in for the 16th Feb! Just bought enough Dynamat extreme to cover a 7 series so Ill be laying that in the next few weeks, should be interesting to hear the diference!

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did the mount for the crossovers today / yesterday. Will probably mount them on the back of the seats as well - on the smaller section of the rear seat. Last photo just shows it all thrown in the car!

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
for some reason I can't see the pics only boxes with little red 'x' in the middle

1 - 20 of 65 Posts