BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had serious trouble stripping he alcantara lineing from my electric sunroof. i ended up wrecking the electric sunroof unit getting it off. To apply it to another sun roof I need more guidance, has anybody a link to a good 'how to' vid r article for installation please.

Thanks,
Cuba

·
Registered
38 Posts
What model is it Cuba?

I have a 530d msport and I had the same issue. The problem I had was with the metal T pieces that sit on the outline shape of the sunroof cut out. They are attached to the roof mechanisim/component itself (If I remember correctly).

Once the roof cloth was off I prized them open with a flathead screwdriver and put a small amount of tigerseal into them. We replaced the roof carefully and it hasnt sagged since. You would never know its been off.

P.S if its a 5 series msport and u need another alcantara roof cloth I have one here.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That sounds about right. I had an E36 coupe 318is I ended up doing a demolition job on the sunroof to get it out in the end. The car was a rite-off so i wasnt to particular on it. I had a different idea for re-fitting it, it involved a lot of stripping and alot of agro, basically taking out the whole sunroof system putting it on the bench and taking my time, a lot of it :).

Your idea is far better.

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cuba, just take your time with it, open the sunroof and try and prize in down from the outside.

I was realy surprised how easy it was to remove the whole roof cloth, then the sunroof mechanisim by removing the hexbolts that line the frame. I think I have some pics somewhere of it. If I find them I will post them up.
Good luck with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts