Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Administrator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Moving forward, Tapatalk will no longer be available on BMW Driver. AutoGuide.com has made available for your download the AutoGuide App, available to Apple and Android Phones and Tablets. It’s available as a free or paid version. You can find it by searching “AutoGuide” in the app store or by clicking here:Free Automotive, Car Mobile App - Apple & Android

The functionality of the free vs. paid app is the same; however, the major difference between the two is the presence of the advertisements, or absence thereof, respectively.

For users who access the forum using a mobile browser, you will not be prompted to download the app every time you access the forum. The prompt is cookie-based and will only happen once every 30 days, unless you delete all the cookies off your mobile device or use the browser’s incognito mode.

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
:confused: what about everyone who bought the tapatalk app ? You want them to purchase the same app again at a cost !!!

Im using the autoguide free app as i just messed up my tapatalk and the free autoguide app is littered in adverts

This is sneaky move in my opinion and just highlights the cash cow the site has become i try to ignore and avoid all the negativity on site as i still find it fine since its changed hands but your just alienating more members with moves like this it should have been handled differently

You should have left tapatalk running (it costs you nothing to do this) and offered your app at a discounted price to sway new purchasers toward your app

·
Registered
704 Posts
The site owners are not happy cause you cant see the adds on tapatalk.. losing revenue because of it,,,simple as..

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The site owners are not happy cause you cant see the adds on tapatalk.. losing revenue because of it,,,simple as..
Their ads are ignorant and intrusive. I would not trust a free app like that to not be broadcasting my location. Have you looked at the app? It is complete and utter shite. Considering they are "tapatalk partners" they should be getting a fee from tapatalk? they are just fucking us all over again and making shite of this site. They don't even delete shite posts like all of the above where we publically call them wankers. They will be the death of this fourm.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I use tapatalk for all my forum's. Simply put, if its not on tapatalk I'm not gonna bother going to my computer and looking it up etc.

Having to use a separate app, and having to pay for it to get rid of the adds, means ill be viewing this forum rarely when I'm at home.

If I'm honest, I view this forum when I'm away from my computer, at work, and out and about when loading pages etc is quick and easy on tapatalk.

Poor move gentlemen.

·
I know nothing about BMW
3,038 Posts
This forum is starting to eat itself alive and I can't figure out why.

Stupid move and will anger and loose members as a result.

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Only matter of time before the move to a new forum begins with changes recently here.

·
Rotaredom
599 Posts
The owners of the site have made this change and switch which they are entitled to do as the site owners. Business is business at the end of the day and they did not buy the site to run it as a charity.

The app is available free or you can pay just over 2 euro if you want it advert free.

This thread will be left open for the time being but any abusive posts will be deleted.

·
325i Sport
5,880 Posts
I've never used tapatalk, but I've used the Autoguide free app
a few times recently and found it fine to use.

I'm posting from my phone now using the web browser, and
I'm pretty sure it's just as easy as posting from tapatalk or
the Autoguide one.

I didn't notice the adverts on the free Autoguide app to be
honest.

I'm not sure I see the big fuss.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The owners of the site have made this change and switch which they are entitled to do as the site owners. Business is business at the end of the day and they did not buy the site to run it as a charity.

The app is available free or you can pay just over 2 euro if you want it advert free.

This thread will be left open for the time being but any abusive posts will be deleted.
They supply no content. We are the reason people visit the fourm. While I agree the site is not a charity the new owners have done nothing but litter the site with adds and now want to make us pay for an app to browse it on? Totally clueless they didn't even lock this thread they must know we wouldn't be happy?

·
Rotaredom
599 Posts
They supply no content. We are the reason people visit the fourm. While I agree the site is not a charity the new owners have done nothing but litter the site with adds and now want to make us pay for an app to browse it on? Totally clueless they didn't even lock this thread they must know we wouldn't be happy?
They supply the servers that this site runs on.
Not locking this thread is a good thing. It gives members an opportunity to have their say.

I don't know what browser you are using but the only adverts i see are the banners at the top and bottom.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.