BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Strava freak.
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Same idea, new thread, new season approaching. (37 days to go :cool: )

Test times from today:

Unofficial Tuesday test times from Jerez:
1. Jenson Button 1:18.861
2. Mark Webber 1:19.709
3. Romain Grosjean 1:19.796 4. Paul di Resta 1:20.343
5. Daniel Ricciardo1:20.401
6. Felipe Massa 1:20.536,
7. Nico Hulkenberg 1:20.699
8. Nico Rosberg 1:20.846
9. Pastor Maldonado 1:20.864*
10.van der Garde 1:21.915
11.Max Chilton 1:24.176
* Using 2012 car

·
Registered
528 Posts
Can't wait as well. Hope Ferrari have a decent car this year !. Alonso did an amazing season with a bad car last year love to see him in good car :cool:.

·
E39 530D Sport
4,835 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing the Barcelona testing. It will give a better idea of which cars are good.

I think the teams will be alot closer this year because alot have just simply made adjustments and improvements to last years cars because there were no real rule changes. So hopefully it will make the championship more down to the better drivers than the better cars.

Still love to see mclaren or Ferrari take it and knock redbull off their perch.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Anyone know how much extra it is to just get the F1 Sky Sports channel on top of normal Sky? Getting sick of watching the crap BBC coverage, and sick of Coulthard and Eddie Jordan! I stuck it out for last year as didnt have much time to watch with a new baby, but this year i dont want to be stuck with BBC (thats if they even have rights to broadcast this year at all???)

·
E39 530D Sport
4,835 Posts
Anyone know how much extra it is to just get the F1 Sky Sports channel on top of normal Sky? Getting sick of watching the crap BBC coverage, and sick of Coulthard and Eddie Jordan! I stuck it out for last year as didnt have much time to watch with a new baby, but this year i dont want to be stuck with BBC (thats if they even have rights to broadcast this year at all???)
You cant get it on its own you have to subscribe to sky sports.
I didnt want the sports channels because I have no interest in it other than for cars so I found the cheapest way was to get SKY HD it comes as standard with that and there are good deals going for it at the moment too.

Although thats no good if you actually want the sports channels

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
What pack have you got? If you upgraded to HD you'd get it as part of that deal - might be a cheaper option.

·
Registered
85 Posts
What pack have you got? If you upgraded to HD you'd get it as part of that deal - might be a cheaper option.
I just have all the normal channels, only ones i dont have are sky sports and movies. But wouldnt really want all the sports as i would only be interested in the F1 really. The BBC MOTD does it for me for the football. I prefer just the highlights. I might check up on upgrading to HD and see if i can just get F1 on its own. thanks.

·
Strava freak.
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chatter afoot that "Sky Sports F1" may be changing it's name to "Sky Sports Speed" to include the likes of Indycar and Nascar. (Would be nice if they got WRC too:cool:)
Not sure if this will impact the 'free with HD' deal but will see. About time they stopped charging extra for HD anyway IMO.

·
Registered
936 Posts
The should get the v8 super cars aswell!! No one showed last seasons live

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thought this was really funny on one of the days testing last week.
Button stops at the end of the pitlane & a Lotus person comes out with his Iphone takes a picture of the rear of the McLaren :D :D.
Usually there a bit more subtle at taking spy pictures then this !!.

·
Registered
115 Posts
C'mon !!

If there was ever a classic ' what happened next.... ' question with the McLaren lads pelting towards him,it was this. :D

Thought this was really funny on one of the days testing last week.
Button stops at the end of the pitlane & a Lotus person comes out with his Iphone takes a picture of the rear of the McLaren :D :D.
Usually there a bit more subtle at taking spy pictures then this !!.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
2013 Driver lineup

• Red Bull: Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber
  • Ferrari: Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa
  • McLaren: Jenson Button and Sergio Perez
  • Lotus: Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean
  • Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg
  • Sauber: Nico Hulkenberg and Esteban Gutierrez
  • Williams: Pastor Maldonado and Valtteri Bottas
  • Force India: Paul di Resta and Adrian Sutil