BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Another terrible start from Webber! He'd be lethal if he could actually get off the line at the same pace as the leaders.

·
E39 530D Sport
4,835 Posts
Good race, all the way through th field except for the front as usual. :rolleyes:

Bad luck for webber for the car to go bang on the last lap, couldn't have happened to vettels :happy:

As much as I hate seeing vettel winning every race I also hate seeing the crowd booing him, it's not on in my opinion.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Agree, I don't like the booing, time for it to stop (not that it should have started in the first place). Like him or not Vettel is a very good driver, and does not deserve it. Not saying he is better than Alonso or Hamilton, etc. but he is definitely very good. Just boring that he is winning so easily this year. Would like to see a good tight championship fight like last year.

Also want to see Hulk getting a good drive next year. He is under rated in my opinion, and I'm surprised one of the bigger teams have not signed him.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good race today (from 2nd place down), albeit it means that the championship is all but over. Can't see anyone catching Vettel now. Only thing that got ahead of him today was the support truck on track when Webber's car was on fire :). Hoping next year will be tighter.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wouldn't suprise me at all.the gap that vettel leaves between him and the rest of the field is rediculous he did something similar already this season can't remember what race but after the saftey car in the last third of the race he left the rest of them over half a minute behind which is just crazy.

when red bull were forced to change their engine maps last year it was a totally different car for the next 3 races.then all of a sudden he wins the next 4 on the trot.the car was a completley different machine during that period so obviously there was a big change.

its annoying to see a lot better drivers out there with no chance because in my opinion vettel isn't all that great.and his arrogance and whining when he doesn't get his way just piss me off.he just got the luck of the draw after pipping webber to the title in 2010 i think coz he was always gonna be their no.1 then.

red bull racing and adrian newey are geniuses with the way they keep coming up with legal ways around things and vettel is just lucky to have such a good team around him

seen another article on forbes about it they make some good points

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2013/10/09/why-wont-red-bull-racing-share-its-secret-technology-with-mark-webber/

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
E39 530D Sport
4,835 Posts
SAD NEWS

Former F1 driver Maria de Villota found dead in hotel room

http://au.eurosport.com/formula-1/former-f1-driver-de-villota-found-dead-in-hotel-room_sto3959202/story.shtml

Former Formula One test driver Maria de Villota has been found dead at the age of just 33 according to reports in Spain.

Radio Cadena Ser Radio report that de Villota died in a Sevilla hotel room despite attempts from emergency services to resuscitate her.

There are no further details at this time, but Radio Cadena do state that emergency services have confirmed the news to them. Eurosport Spain also reports that the family has confirmed the news.

De Villota came to international prominence in July 2012 when she lost an eye after being involved in a F1 test crash for the Marussia team.

She was the first female driver to test for a contemporary Formula 1 team since Katherine Legge in 2005.

The Spaniard also raced in several series including Spanish F3, the Daytona 24 Hours, and Superleague Formula Championship.

·
Registered
528 Posts
HA ! :D

http://www.worldcarfans.com/113101264315/fan-apologised-for-vettel-booing---horner

I't seems that María de Villota died from her injuries from that test with Marussia
In a statement released on Saturday, the family revealed they had been told that her death was a consequence of the crash at the Duxford Aerodrome last July, in which she sustained serious head injuries and lost the use of her right eye.

"Maria left us while she was sleeping, approximately at 6am, as a consequence of the neurological injuries that she suffered in July of 2012, according to what the forensic doctor has told us," the family statement read.
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/8969011/doctors-inform-maria-de-villotas-family-she-died-of-injuries-suffered-in-test-crash

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Its only idiots who boo and dont like what is the very best driver the F1 has seen hands down.. As for maria good rest her

·
Registered
528 Posts
Would not call him the best F1 Driver has ever seen but he is very good & the booing is childish. Don't get the whole thing of people hating the finger thing though. :confused2:

101 - 120 of 141 Posts