BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reading through and seen there was no thread on Gran Turismo 6. I got it for Christmas and think it's a really good game. Anybody else got it on here and what do they think of it? Would love to get my online set up but the thunder blew my modem about a month or 2 ago and never bothered getting another one :p

·
I hate having no car :(
1,732 Posts
It's a big improvement on gt5. But it's still not good enough to clean forza3 or 4s tires. The sound and handling of the cars just can't match up to it.
I've played forza 5 briefly and it's immense.
Gran tourismo is pretty much dead in the water.

Ps. The sound is a bit better through some good headphones. It's terrible on 5.1 surround.

·
Keep it clean
2,495 Posts
It's a big improvement on gt5. But it's still not good enough to clean forza3 or 4s tires. The sound and handling of the cars just can't match up to it.
I've played forza 5 briefly and it's immense.
Gran tourismo is pretty much dead in the water.

Ps. The sound is a bit better through some good headphones. It's terrible on 5.1 surround.
Strange one, I havent played Forza but everyone i know that has said its rubbish.

For example

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/gran-turismo-6

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/forza-motorsport-5

Both have given forza a poor rating in comparison

·
1,732 Posts
I have forza 4 and gt6 at home. Your more than welcome to pop in for a man date sometime and play both :). There's no comparison at all.
Bring beer and pizza

·
1,732 Posts
Savvy. Not sure what gt6 is like on ps4

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I got it when it came out. Played it a couple of nights for a few hours but although the menus and races etc are an improvement and the handling is a small step up again from GT5, there's still a good few flaws in it.

Haven't played it that much though or at all online as my G25 is broken so it's not much fun with the controller no matter how good the game is.

GT7 will hopefully put the GT games back on track as the PS4 is apparently much easier to develop big games for and also alot more powerful obviously.

I don't like Forza 3 or 4 myself (haven't played 5). In my opinion, the handling hasn't got a patch on GT5 or 6. The GT games are just much more realistic.
Visually, it's better alright with more damage and better customization but that's about it.

GT6 can't be played on the PS4 but there's talks of it being updated to work on it like what was done with COD Ghosts etc

·
1,732 Posts
I think the handling and sound are miles ahead of gt6 on forza 4. It's just no comparison

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Dunno but Forza feels like your driving on ice to me as soon as you start sliding. the handling of the GT games really show when you have a wheel too I think. The controller dumbs down alot of the feedback.

Sound is shit on GT5 and 6 alright though. only a smalll number cars sound like they do in real life (mostly the electric ones lol) and turbo cars sound rubbish. All you get is a bit of a hiss no matter if it's a standard little road car or a 1000bhp Pikes Peak monster that should be making all sorts of noises on top of the hissing and whooshing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts