BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was watching a program on Men & Motors about how thieves get into cars (think it was a NZ or Aussie program)

Anyhow - they were showing a guy breaking in through the drivers window, and he was explaining how he did it. He used something from the engine to smash the glass (most people probably know what this was but I won't mention it again in case some retard decides to try it out), and said how it doesn't make much noise.

He then said how handy it is to break into cars with tinted windows - because when they smash the glass it doesn't go all over the car, and then can pull it out quickly in one piece!

I had been thinking of going for security tint - but is there any point if its making life easier for people? Anyone heard this sort of thing before?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I reckon that if they want your car ken,they will take it,windows tinted or not.So if you want to tint them,id say do it.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The film I was thinking of is completely clear... its meant to stop people from smashing in the windows, just think it sounds odd that it actually makes it easier for people to get the glass out of

·
Administrator - E46 M3
1,834 Posts
Normal tint makes it easier to smash the window, and lift it out in one piece. Security film reinforces the strength of the glass, and makes it harder to smash.

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
Ken not much point putting security tint on coupe due to the frame less doors/windows

1 - 7 of 7 Posts