BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Tommy
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gave the car a polish its been in storage with 6 months, ive changed alot of the trim from the front grills, side vents, mirror glasses, all the gloss trim along the windows and roof it looked tarnished and left the car down i thought,also the front mesh in the bumper looked a little grey so did that too.

Changed the wiper blades and the trim along the bottom of the windscreen. changed the washer jets and the trim that holds them on the bonnet.The old ones werent heating anymore and froze a few times.

Also after my mirror leaking i had to change the smg gear lever window switches, rear view mirror,centre console,rear ashtray arm rest covers,and the phone kit.On account of the old nokia kit being destroyed,i upgraded to the iphone 4 holder from BMW.

I have done the oil every 4k since i had this car i own it since august 2007.

Attachments

·
Tommy
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wheels are origional rims polished horrible job to do ,bit of a dose tbh as the require regular polishing but i dont drive the car much i think its done 2k in 30 months. I gave her new tires this yr along with ferodo ds 2500 pads and 5.1 fluid. New standard oem discs all round.Also replaced all handbrake bits shoes springs etc.while i was at it i did the anti roll bar bushes all round and then decided to do the wishbones up front. Changed the leveling sensors front and back as the front was faulty while doing the wishbones. did the brake reaction bushes when the wishbones were off. ive pretty much done everything on her .back springs rear trailing arms.new diff plus mounts.valvetrain shims,gearbox oil etc its all new. even the radiator has ballygown in it dont trust our limescale water ha. Today i put new wheel badges on and changed the power steering oil and the pipe along the sump going to it as it looked corroded .

Im afraid to tot up all the receipts i have in a box in the house from the years of ownership as i never throw them away but id be guessing 10k or more ...oops

No plans for the car just to keep her mint and be happy to know its 1 of the cleanest in this country, maybe ill buy a carcoon apart from that i think shes spot on :)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Nice motor tommy and she looks very well looked after !! Did you notice much of an improvement with the uprated pads and fluid?

·
Tommy
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice motor tommy and she looks very well looked after !! Did you notice much of an improvement with the uprated pads and fluid?
Ah i dunno yet there not bedded in and only half the pad is touching the disc it will be a bit of driving before they get bedded in,but i had them in my old golfs and audi quattro and by fuck they are savage!

·
(formerly Orientblaue36)
1,711 Posts
Lovely car, but if I may be so bold..

Stop polishing it and get out there and drive it!!

There are guys on this forum, looking at your //M, who are dribbling onto their keyboards and would love to drive that car!

·
Tommy
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha ha thanks very much , I'm afraid nearly at this stage if anything happened to it the insurance would not cover the loss. when I bought this car m3 were in joe duffys for 80 k

·
You can't drive money
442 Posts
Lovely car, but if I may be so bold..

Stop polishing it and get out there and drive it!!

There are guys on this forum, looking at your //M, who are dribbling onto their keyboards and would love to drive that car!
I'll second that! Get out and drive it!!

Savage car and a savage shine off it, just needs to get dirty more often!:p

·
The rasp is addictive!!
2,713 Posts
Ha ha thanks very much , I'm afraid nearly at this stage if anything happened to it the insurance would not cover the loss. when I bought this car m3 were in joe duffys for 80 k
Really! A 4 yr old m3 was 80k in 2007!
:
What was the price of one with basic spec when new?

·
(formerly Orientblaue36)
1,711 Posts
Really! A 4 yr old m3 was 80k in 2007!
:
What was the price of one with basic spec when new?
I remember seeing a price list in Maxwells of Blackrock back in 2007 saying a full spec e46 M3 Cabrio was nearly 100K :eek:

·
(formerly Orientblaue36)
1,711 Posts
Em, good question.. Yeah, I think it was..

I remember thinking, HOLY SHIT:eek:

·
2007 LCI E60 535d MSport
4,722 Posts
Na I would hazard a guess at 35-40k max
A standard E46 M3 without any options picked was in the area of 80k new during the boom.

My GF was an insurance underwriter when i first got with her and she used to ring me every day saying, whats such and such a car like?, just had to quote one there.

And i remember getting a sales booklet from BMW Ireland as it was my "Lotto Car" at the time. Communication pack was approx 3k option too (sat nav, TV, bluetooth.)

·
Keep it clean
2,495 Posts
I recall when i was looking at M3's the various service manuals i was going through on my M3 Search, One of them had the original bill of sale in the service manual the receipt was for 90K Euro. (This was on an '02 M3) Think it may have been a Phoenix Yellow as far as i recall

1 - 20 of 84 Posts