BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

Top 10 speeders in the country

24737 Views 23 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Bart
thought it would be higher but they never mentioned the speeders that they lost when they tried to catch them.

not 2 many people would stop if they are doing over 100mph anyway

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/driver-clocked-at-234kmh-29696108.html
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
No cops in the north west?

Where's me keys! :D
That must be this years list....?
Wonder was i caught today coming down the M50 after getting the
Car mapped by Martin lol:D
I bet Bart is in that list somewhere ( near the top :p) :biggrin1:
Reactions: 1
234kph. Not bad given a lot of the roads.

If anyone is interested - this article tells the amounts owed in Dubai on speeding fines. One dude just paid off €60000 in fines

http://m.thenational.ae/uae/transport/dubais-worst-traffic-offender-pays-a-staggering-dh300-000-in-speeding-fines

And 2500 cars impounded this year for exceeding 200kph in Abu Dhabi only lol

http://m.thenational.ae/abu-dhabi-police-impounds-2-500-vehicles-caught-speeding-over-200kph-so-far-this-year
I always thought you were off the road if you were caught at those speeds? Must be up to the garda.
I always thought you were off the road if you were caught at those speeds? Must be up to the garda.
I always thought it was if you were over a certain speed it was automatically a court appearance, 90 mph possibly?
Wonder what the excuses are for those contesting it in court.
Has to be the M6 I wonder who caught him and indeed who he is? Must have been night. An easily achievable speed that Motorway is empty at night if someone wanted to do that kind of speed. Some of the things I've heard happen on it are shocking lol!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Wonder what the excuses are for those contesting it in court.
Didn't get the notice ... Not guilty;)
Don't anyone say here hasn't maxed there car at some stage. Can be up to max in a matter of a few miles/mins
Reactions: 2
Don't anyone say here hasn't maxed there car at some stage. Can be up to max in a matter of a few miles/mins
I haven't maxed my E30. I enjoy life.
I haven't maxed my E30. I enjoy life.
:confused::confused::confused::confused:
I don't think it has a non perished bushing left in it. And with a 2.8l engine I would be afraid it wouldn't stay on the road at anything over 50mph. Only had it on the road for 2 weeks so far anyway.
Reactions: 1
I'd have topped that list once or twice had I been caught :p
My understanding on the speeding was if your doin double the speed limit it was an automatic ban obviously a day in court :frown:
I used to do a lot of motorway miles at a touch above the speed limit in my trusty 320d touring and never saw any one going extremely fast.
But on the M6 to galway on a Saturday morning about 6 months ago we were tipping along at 118KmH in the wife's Grand Espace when we were passed by a bullet, I can say it was the fastest car I've ever seen it was like standing in the pit lane at mondello with the supersports 600's passing you inches away. The whole car rocked as we were passed such was the drag from it.
What was this speeding bullet? An Aston Martin, a Ferrari, a Porsche? Nope an old Mk2 Ford Galaxy. It must have been one of the 2.8lt V6 petrols, I've never seen anything like it!
I would have topped that by quite abit too. Luckily was on a private road of course :eek:
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.