BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Has to be the M6 I wonder who caught him and indeed who he is? Must have been night. An easily achievable speed that Motorway is empty at night if someone wanted to do that kind of speed. Some of the things I've heard happen on it are shocking lol!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
My understanding on the speeding was if your doin double the speed limit it was an automatic ban obviously a day in court :frown:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I used to do a lot of motorway miles at a touch above the speed limit in my trusty 320d touring and never saw any one going extremely fast.
But on the M6 to galway on a Saturday morning about 6 months ago we were tipping along at 118KmH in the wife's Grand Espace when we were passed by a bullet, I can say it was the fastest car I've ever seen it was like standing in the pit lane at mondello with the supersports 600's passing you inches away. The whole car rocked as we were passed such was the drag from it.
What was this speeding bullet? An Aston Martin, a Ferrari, a Porsche? Nope an old Mk2 Ford Galaxy. It must have been one of the 2.8lt V6 petrols, I've never seen anything like it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts