BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watch it tonight? Was quite good... have to say I agreed with the two lads chosing the Porker over the M6 - was surprised it was so much cheaper!

Got me thinking about doing a trip to the Isle of Man some time!

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
Yeah but as always the BM went first to dry the road out for the rest and get the Stig used to the driving lines on the road and the Porker had the £5000 grand option added. Great show can't wait till next Sunday's show

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was surprised to hear Clarkson say how much he loved the M5 though. I thought it was funny that they made an issue out of how long it took to activate the 500hp mode, yet had just said they wouldn't ever turn it off?? Was good fun all the same!

·
Administrator - E46 M3
1,834 Posts
A 911 porsche, would love one of those, but they feel so hollow inside.

Its good to have Top Gear back, but I have to cringe at all that slaggin of French cars, and then claiming the Ascari as an English car. Dear oh dear, some serious straw grabbing for laughs.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Originally posted by kdevitt

Anyone watch it tonight? Was quite good... have to say I agreed with the two lads chosing the Porker over the M6 - was surprised it was so much cheaper!

Got me thinking about doing a trip to the Isle of Man some time! good to hear him praise the m5 and m6 . talking of the isle of man ken there is a trip mid year that the porche and bmw club make to said place ,dont think it would be too dear to go from here

///MACKEROO1

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
Could this be a bmw-driver.net outing just a selest few and no Berlingo vans allowed

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats what I was thinking!! Its £60 per head for a 4 star hotel in Douglas, even cheaper it you decide to slum it - and given our previous history of sleeping in car parks, thats a distinct possiblility. Bit of karting, and a spirited drive or two around the island would be a good laugh - especially with no limits on the roads between towns!

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
Okay so when is the bmw-driver.net AGM:D

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yeah, thought the show was quality, hope it continues along these lines for future episodes.

V8 Aston sounded class, M6 is one mean looking machine and the 911 is legendary.....oh and the Ascari is a beauty.

Like the sounds of a mini, BMWdriver.net, gumball type adventure. It's gotta be considered for next summer.

www.bobs-shack.com
UUCMotorwerks & Forgeline wheels

·
Administrator - E46 M3
1,834 Posts
A trip to the Isle of man would be sweet !

But defo not for a few months, the irish sea is well dodge, even in February (remember Feb, Ken ? it was worth it for the M3, but christ, I haven't touched McDonalds Burgers since)

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah yeah - good oul trip across from Holyhead, will I ever forget it!! :D Just as well I had Dirty Dens murder to take my mind off the violent storm. Was thinking about late spring / early summer?? Would make a nice inaugural annual BMW-Driver event!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
That would be an excellent trip! How many people were sitting watching the Top Gear crew thinking that a trip to Isle of Man would be worthy of a boat trip across?! What chance of getting the main road closed aswell?!!

Would it be best to take the boat to Holyhead? Working on the basis of the least amount of time spent on the boat the better! The thought of rough seas is doing nothing for my lunch right now!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
2.5 hours sounds manageable!! Only need a bit of decent weather as the finishing touch - conditions looked hairy when they were doing the timed section!

Cheers Kin!

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Very cheap, look at the website on the link I gave above.

Black Kidney Grills
CCFL Angel Eyes
Custom Aluminium Pedals
Stoptech Stage 1 Upgrade
Active Autowerke CAI

1 - 17 of 17 Posts