BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone do TV repair here...?

My samsung decided to give up on me, after some research, turns out it's a capacitor problem... or more than likely anyway...
Red standby light just blinks and then does nothing...

Rang a few places, they want crazy money just to look at it.. so if anyone here knows anyone or can do this sorta stuff let me know...

Cheers!:D

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Ive fixed a couple of them in the past. They are mighty expensive to have repaired, so much so that you'll actually buy a new one for the cost. When the capacitors go they usually bubble up from the centre, sometimes having a powderish residue on them.

pop off the rear cover and have a look for anything like that. You can buy the capacitors from places like radionics or even ebay. theres a load of writing on it, stuff like 1000uf 16v 105c etc etc. just jot that down and do a search for that part. Its vital to fit them the right way around too. theres usually a black line down one side to make this clear which pole is the negative side.

Other than that its just a quick soldering job. :)

·
Registered
840 Posts
can you give me the model number and where abouts are you a friend of mine works for sony/samsung/lg repairing tv's so ill ask him. how many time is the led flashing. this is usually a sign of whats wrong

Reactions: Kielo

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive fixed a couple of them in the past. They are mighty expensive to have repaired, so much so that you'll actually buy a new one for the cost. When the capacitors go they usually bubble up from the centre, sometimes having a powderish residue on them.

pop off the rear cover and have a look for anything like that. You can buy the capacitors from places like radionics or even ebay. theres a load of writing on it, stuff like 1000uf 16v 105c etc etc. just jot that down and do a search for that part. Its vital to fit them the right way around too. theres usually a black line down one side to make this clear which pole is the negative side.

Other than that its just a quick soldering job. :)
I have the back off, and circuit-board removed and none of them are visibly blown, but a friend tells me that they could still be "open capacitors" rendering them useless, so I need to de-solder them and test them with a multimeter....

If it's the capacitors I'll hopefully manage to fix it myself... but other than that I'm lost to be honest, was told something about a colour wheel, but not sure which one it is lol..

Yeah the negative side has 3 dash's down the side as far as I can tell... I only paid €300 for it 2 years ago, online... but it's a samsung 32" not sure on model number right now, but the exact one is still around 600 odd euro here! :eek:, which is why im finding it hard to scrap it :p

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can you give me the model number and where abouts are you a friend of mine works for sony/samsung/lg repairing tv's so ill ask him. how many time is the led flashing. this is usually a sign of whats wrong
Cheers man, will PM you it tomorrow when I'm home :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts