·
E63 Bmw 645Ci
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was looking for Tyres online I noticed they say

Pirelli P-Zero (Ferrari)
Pirelli P-Zero (Jaguar)
Pirelli P-Zero (Ford)

Etc there are ones that say BMW others mercedes and more , I have seen in magazines that they are different compounds , but which is the best ?? I mean I have the option of ferrari compound or Jaguar but which should I go for ???

·
Doktor Displacement
4,738 Posts
http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/

In the wheel and tyre section for each car, there will be listed the tyres that are recomended for each car and would have been fitted from the factory.

There are BMW "compounds" of some tyres too.

I dont think it matters a feck bit of difference. And I would seriously doubt that anyone could tell the difference.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
By my understanding there are mild customizations of spec for different customers based on specific design aspects of the cars they will be used on. Its often said that factory fit tyres will last longer than any other set of the same brand of tyres that you'll ordinarily ever buy, unless you happen to have BMW supply your replacement tyres. Most people wouldn't even know that there are oem specs available aftermarket. I'd say the same could be said for most tyre suppliers too.

As it happens, I bought a set of non run flat Conti PremiumContact's from Eiretyres recently for Mrs D's e91. I realized that there were some of the oem's available (BMW are indicated on the sidewwall as a " * ", Mercedes are "mo" I think). They'll be fitted this week. I'll be curious as to how they wear, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts