BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Black Smoke is good!!! :D
202 Posts
Well lads

I'm looking to upgrade the turbo in my 320d, looking for more power but I'm not sure what turbos out there that just bolt on, I was thinking hybrid turbo but just want to know if is there any bolt-on from a bigger BMW car.

Thanks
Alan

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Alans car is an E46, would be different altogether!

@Otto: would you not think the E90 could get that type of figure?
I have e46 320d touring with upgraded turbo,K&N filter,EGR delete,custom remap done,front catless down pipe,and second cat delete.My figures are 212hp and 430nm.I just would like to see the difference in my and E90 dyno graphs.

·
I'm a 2 wheel man really
2,586 Posts
I have e46 320d touring with upgraded turbo,K&N filter,EGR delete,custom remap done,front catless down pipe,and second cat delete.My figures are 212hp and 430nm.I just would like to see the difference in my and E90 dyno graphs.
Thought you would produce more than that with all that work done:confused:

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I thought my self i get a bit more,but now i think my biggest enemy is back preassure in exhaust,i think i need bigger bore exhaust from turbo down.I have seen E90 exhaust,and i can confirm that its bigger,thats where my another few horses are hiding :)

·
E63 Bmw 645Ci
5,762 Posts
the newer E90 can be got up to that without too much hassle my gf's 2005 one of the first E90's 163bhp as standard got remapped to 203 bhp without anything else done but a standard remap and has a rolling road done to prove it

·
Black Smoke is good!!! :D
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well its decat also egr delete, the injectors were reconditioned 4 months ago, joe power reampped it for me its 205bhp but i aint really that happy with it getting mad changed its all high end wit nothing low end,

Like what turbo would be the best to get for it? i want as much gains as possible from that engine

Thanks for comments so far lads :D

·
Registered
435 Posts
Do you have Roling Road print out,i would like to see it?
here ya go, it can go to 240bhp and 400ft/lbs torque but it will be pissin out black smoke. the green line is what i ended up with.
most of mine is low end my car drives beautifully to be honest I've no complaints at all.

• Helpful
Reactions: AdminC

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
@ otto, what upgrade turbo are you using? where did you buy it?

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
@ otto, what upgrade turbo are you using? where did you buy it?
Ok when i bought my car the turbo was playing up a bit,so i removed it and send it away for upgrading.What they did,they machinned cold part of the turbo to install bigger impeller.So basictly exterior of the turbo remained the same,but inside was upgraded.Offcourse i had an option to install bigger turbo but with doing that i would have more lag-less drivilability and i didnt vant that.

Upgraded turbo cost me 950 euro thats with shipping both ways.

Doing that i installed boost gauge,so after remap turbo boosting on a full load 1,75 bars and on overboost 1,9.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I asked about upgrading my turbo on the 530d and was told (on this website) not to bother?? I noticed that someone got 300bhp out of their 330d which is the same engine I think? Why can't I upgrade my turbo if it can be done to a 320d or 330d or was someone telling me porkies?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.