BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just to let you know I have just fitted one of the UUC short shifters. I can not believe how good these are. The throw is greatly reduced and the speed of the gear change is amazing!!! If you are looking for a short shifter then this is the one to go for...

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/

Cheers
Steve
www.modifiedm3.co.uk

http://www.modifiedm3.co.uk
Supercharged, PSS9 Suspension, AP Racing Brakes,Dual Custom Zorst, 19's,lowered,Angel eyes,HID,Crystal fogs,Lumma CLR bodykit. UUC Short Shift, etc etc

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Always wanted to fit a short shifter to my Honda's, but has never occured to me do do it with the BMW... can you adjust how much the throw is reduced by, or is it all or nothing?

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
My Rogue one has a bit of movement from left to right in neutral. Nearly an inch. I wonder if that is right. Kinda want to try the UUC one. Hey Robbie, any discount if I trade in my Rouge SSK and WSR for a UUC SSK and DSSR?

Rogue OCTANE SSK + WSR, Rogue Tranny Mounts, CCFL Angel Eyes, Custom Aluminium Pedals, Stoptech Stage 1 Upgrade, Active Autowerke CAI

·
Registered
454 Posts
Kin

Who fitted the SSK to your M5?. I am thinking of getting the UUC one myself but I saw on madrussians website you need the car up on jackstands to do it which is just not practical for me.

Mick

·
Administrator - E46 M3
1,834 Posts
all sticks will move in neutral. Had a shortshifter in my 2nd last car, was nice for the lazy change factor. Don't really think i'd want one in the 3 though.

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
Have the UUC one in my car also and love it

·
Registered
363 Posts
What exactly does a short shifter do? Was thinking about a UUC one before, but would like to know what it does first!
Also, are they hard to fit, what are the benefits, and what are the downfalls?

Current: BMW E39 520i 2.0 SE Black 69k to infinity!

Still Technically Dyslexic!

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
the short shifter reduces how far the gear stick has to be moved to change gear, the E39 gear stick is very high (IMO) so it feels like you have to move it a long way to go from, say, first to second, the short shifter is exactly that, a short shifter, so it reduces how far you have to move the gear stick to change gear, I had one in my E39 and I really liked it, never felt the throw in the E46 was too long though, I'll have to have a look at Topazman's!!!

Rich.

richie_rvf

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
@ Mick - Just a fella nearby my work. Any mechanic can do it. Just make sure they don't rush the job and they fit all the parts provided. Even a washer missing will make a whole load of difference. Ask Al to do it, you can find him as one of the sponsors. I would get the DSSR with the SSK, completes the install.

The SSK makes the changes more precise as well, if you add tranny mounts it will help with gear changes in high speed conering. Give you that nice clicking feel into each gear.

Rogue OCTANE SSK + WSR, Rogue Tranny Mounts, CCFL Angel Eyes, Custom Aluminium Pedals, Stoptech Stage 1 Upgrade, Active Autowerke CAI

·
Registered
561 Posts
I can supply the EVO 3 SSK's and DSSR's from UUCmotorwerks, i have some shifters in stock for various models including E30 & M3, E36 & M3(5-speed), E46, E34, E39, Z3 etc.

I have one fitted to my E36 M3 also and i love it, anything that eliminates that horrible long throw from 1st to 2nd has to be a good thing.

@Kin - We can have a chat about that on Sunday.

www.bobs-shack.com
UUCMotorwerks & Forgeline wheels

1 - 14 of 14 Posts