BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like ill have it for longer time so i am just keeping going on it.

one day my friend call me and told he saw not bad M3 on some forum.At that moment i wasnt looking for any car even M3 :eek:,but i couldnt let it go to someones else hands :rolleyes::D so decided to go and take a look,and wasnt disappointed ,next day i bought it with test drive for 20 meters in car parking :rolleyes:.

Its 1996 ,E36 M3 EVO,silver,6 sp manual.Manual grey leather seats,AC ,sunroof,most usual M3 extras.Ill try to remember and to mention all my work done on it.Like any that old car needed some attention so i started.Just went out of parking and on the way home i noticed some vibration ,so lifted on the ramp and started work.
The last owner done some good work already,new exhaust gaskets,rear exhaust box mountings,prop shaft coupling mounting ,all new ignition coils and more and more.

One of the wishbones was fitted from non M3 model,so fitted wright one,new front wishbone bushes,new front drop links,new spark plugs,oil ,filters.Redone rear brake lines,fitted steel braided brake and clutch lines and changed brake fluid.Changed rear top ball joints.
Later changed rear crank seal ,fixed common exhaust cracks on connection with manifolds. After some driving i found it little bit slow on start,not so quick throttle response and some more bad things.
Tested it on dyno and found not best numbers - 33? NM of torque and 312 BHP.The first thing i was going to check was vanos unit and timing .Bought all vanos seals,bolts and gaskets.I said if timing will be good ill send vanos for rebuild straight away,if no ill try just to fit it correct back with all new seals.Timing was bad on exhaust cam shaft ,so took out vanos ,adjust timing and put everything back.New rocker cover gasket.Most bad signs disappeared ,but not all.done few other cars in next door on dyno,but all cars made so stupid numbers,so decided to go back to Martins place in Enfield,there i did first dyno run.And im happy again :D torque left like it was 33? Nm but BHP jumped to 321 or so.Not too bad :p

Later fitted new MPS 3 - 235/45/17 on the front and MPS 2 - 255/40/17 on the rear ,just for few minutes jump in different car for some test drive on any budget tires,and u know that its the best thing u have spent your money :D
Fitted BC Racing fully adjustable coilovers,front top adjustable strut brace,after lower strut brace from convertible model.Front 20mm spacers.Front big brake kit "Silvers" ,thats some performance as well,thanks Richie from(ex AC cars)! Rear yellow stuff EBC brake pads and diff rebuild to 3.64 ratio.Probably forget something but main things mentioned.Now waiting for rebuild vanos unit back from DRvanos,its somewhere on the way back,must get all torque back :eek::rolleyes::cool:

Done few days in Mondello and im happy with it,but could be better :rolleyes:

internet very slow,so pictures later

·
E36 addicted
507 Posts
Valdas, I must say, YOU ARE CRAZY !!!, honestly, In the good way bud.

The amount of job you're doing to your cars, OMG.

Well Done, Well Done.
I need to pop in to have a look on this beauty.

·
E36 addicted
507 Posts
As i said before, car looks really well :)

Reactions: ValdelisBMW

·
M44 318is
48 Posts
Pretty sure I know the previous owner from another forum and could be classed as having ocd in terms of how he looks after his cars! No doubt everything has been replaced/renewed on that car whether it needed it or not :)

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Looks well Valdas, seen this last week when I was out picking up a few bits. Valdas what is the brake kit like? was looking at some for my own at some stage but can't decide what to get

Wear well and see you saturday at mondello

1 - 20 of 240 Posts