BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the Chemical Guys Liquid Leather Conditioner & Cleaner on the leather and it now has double the marks it had previously. The applicator didn't seem to pick up much dirt (stayed the same color, unlike when I used it on the SW), and the leather has now a fresh crispy feel - it's more adherent if it makes sense...

I'd like it to have a matte glossy finish (i.e. as far away from shiny as possible), any conditioners or other products recommended?

·
2003 E39 525i
5,618 Posts
I find it hard to believe that the CG's Liquid Leather Conditioner & Cleaner would have left marks behind. Is it possible that the seats would have previously been marked and that they were masked with another product...which in turn, you have removed.
What type of applicator did you use?

Im not saying the product is not any good, as I haven't used it, but personally, Im not a fan of products that claim to do two or three different things in one. I much prefer to get one product that does the cleaning, and another to do the conditioning.

Have heard good reviews about Dr. Leather and Liquid Leather

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To update this,

Maybe the pad I used was a bit too abrasive? It's advertised as for applying leather cleaners etc.

Anyway, couldn't wait until the internet order gets to me so I bought AutoGlym Leather Care locally and applied using a micro fibre cloth. Results:

I'm thinking the MF cloth did its job properly, and I'd say I could have improved the appearance by buffing the leather even without the AG cream...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts