BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Let me check the shed for ya;);););)
Nearly sure i have a spare set of black cloth trimmed ones.
Let me check the condition and if they are any good they are yours;)

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tell me about it:)
What's wrong with your own?
I literally glued every part of the door card with sealant but the plastic strip is out by a couple of mm's so the top of the doorcard wont line up with the door..

And ill break the strip if i try to remove it!

driver's side is perfect though

·
Registered
987 Posts
I literally glued every part of the door card with sealant but the plastic strip is out by a couple of mm's so the top of the doorcard wont line up with the door..

And ill break the strip if i try to remove it!

driver's side is perfect though
Ahh your looking for perfection:D:D

·
(formerly Orientblaue36)
1,711 Posts
The plastic strips on mine came off too but I stuck them back on with Loctite 2 part epoxy resin. Worked a treat..

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The plastic strips on mine came off too but I stuck them back on with Loctite 2 part epoxy resin. Worked a treat..
Well i used specific panel adhesive but i didnt align the strip properly so the doorcard wont sit right...and the strip is stuck on very well so removing it will cause it to break into tiny pieces:D:D

·
(formerly Orientblaue36)
1,711 Posts
Oops:(
I tried 3 or 4 different types of glue and had to pry off the whole thing when it didnt sit right and sand down the reminder a few times.. it took a while but the epoxy worked for me.
Getting hold of one grey doorcard with a leather insert was impossible so I had nothing to lose..
Neither have you.
Try it one last time with the epoxy;)

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oops:(
I tried 3 or 4 different types of glue and had to pry off the whole thing when it didnt sit right and sand down the reminder a few times.. it took a while but the epoxy worked for me.
Getting hold of one grey doorcard with a leather insert was impossible so I had nothing to lose..
Neither have you.
Try it one last time with the epoxy;)

Well i'm very happy with the strength of the stuff...i just messed up:(:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts