BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wanted black facelift e38/39 Heated front Contour or Comfort seats

As the title says I am looking for a set of 18/20 way heated Contour or Comfort front seats from a 98-01 E38 Sport in black Leather with the full split backrest and full lumbar support.

The heating elements and all electrics must work.

Contour seats:

Comfort seats:

Anyone know of a set going please let me know :)

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
very nice choice sir :cool:

if you have no luck here try bmw5.co.uk they pop up there quite a bit few sets on ebay too but id rather deal with someone on a forum

you will pay big money for clean contours (most are in bits) but well worth it imo

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gar, yeah well the way I see it after wiring the loom in my car for heated seats and then discovering most of the heater pads are shagged and it's almost 300 notes to replace all the heater pads in my standard seats from BMW so if I'm going to go through the bother of getting the heated seats working in my car then I might as well get an upgraded seat(s) as well seeing as they are plug and play :cool:
I've sorted out so much of my to do list and it is the one thing I'm not happy with in my car :eek:

·
Careful with that axe....
931 Posts
I often dreamed of having these seats installed too, I'd actually prefer these to M5 seats too. Only thing is I read they way a ton weight.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had comfort seats in my old e38 and without a doubt they were far nicer that the m5 seats. Afaik the comfort seat in the m5 is a very rare, rarely speced option.
Will an e38 seat fit an e39?
According to a few sources online yes this has been done several times, provided you keep in line with pre or facelift models between the series.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Cheers pal!

Rang the chap he is based in swords they are out of a 7 series which he is breaking (broke?) and he says they are heated but they are out of the car already so it will be difficult to tell if the heating elements are intact :(

Actually does anyone know was it possible to get Comfort/Contour seats that weren't heated?

·
e38 735i
8 Posts
Cheers pal!

Rang the chap he is based in swords they are out of a 7 series which he is breaking (broke?) and he says they are heated but they are out of the car already so it will be difficult to tell if the heating elements are intact :(

Actually does anyone know was it possible to get Comfort/Contour seats that weren't heated?
heating was optional on all seats, but id have to wonder about somebody who shelled out the money for those seats and not heaters , you could bring a multimeter and hold it accross the 2 heater pad pins , if it shows no resistance theyre damaged / connections broken.

if your going out to see him , see what he has left of the 7er , if he has more than the seats i might take a few bits off him.

·
Bring Back The Queen!!
4,612 Posts
Cheers pal!

My e38 seats wernt heated

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers lads!

I think I can tell visually if they have heater elements by looking behind the backrest... it's whether they pads/elements are still intact that's another story... never know he might be a gent and help me install them in my car to test :D

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Afaik Comfort seats with heating were only standard with heating on the 750i/il and came with rear seat heating too.

In the E39 brochure they are shown as separate options.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Can a mod change the title of this thread to : Wanted black facelift e38/39 Heated front Contour or Comfort seats please, thanks!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts