BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Not that interested..
509 Posts
Looking for driver side wing mirror for a 318Ci willing o pay up to €50
you might want to point out if its facelift or not. They are different. also is it the wing mirror complete with motor and mirror or just the casing because you might need memory motor depending on the set up. Just to let you know that if these are facelift wing mirrors, they are very hard to find and wont get one for 50.

Reactions: Topaz

·
Registered
62 Posts
Avatar looks like a facelift. What he said ^^^

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the delay, not down with the lingo so not sure what you men by facelift, do you mean non standard? I'm looking for the standard original mirror complete with connections.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Facelift is when a car gets a slight visual re-vamp, in your case, your avatar shows an E46 model, which was released in 1998 and had a 'facelift' in 2001. parts like headlights, bumpers and mirrors were altered in design, and your avatar shows a car like that, and parts for the facelifted version are expensive and sought after.

·
Not that interested..
509 Posts
Facelift is when a car gets a slight visual re-vamp, in your case, your avatar shows an E46 model, which was released in 1998 and had a 'facelift' in 2001. parts like headlights, bumpers and mirrors were altered in design, and your avatar shows a car like that, and parts for the facelifted version are expensive and sought after.
yeah exactly except that the facelift on the e46 was in late 03. it kindve looks like it is in your avatar but not sure.

·
Keep it clean
2,495 Posts
Engine facelift, :) not any cosmetic changes in 2001.... that came in '03

;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
yeah exactly except that the facelift on the e46 was in late 03. it kindve looks like it is in your avatar but not sure.
I had an early 2002 4door a while ago and it was facelift :confused:

Mirrors I think are different backplate (not changeable) as well as different design.

·
Not that interested..
509 Posts
yeah pre and post fl mirrors are different as are saloon and coupe. nightmare trying to find fl mirrors for coupe. i got really lucky and was able to buy a pair off a member here without motors as he got m3's and needed the motors. was six weeks looking to no avail. i even rang traynors once a week and nothing and for the price of getting one from the stealers (€300+) you could pick up a set of m's

·
Not that interested..
509 Posts
shouldnt be too hard to find one then, give kilcock scrappers a shout tomorrow, id be surprised if they didnt have any hanging around. might be worth a trip out to them

1 - 18 of 18 Posts