BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother decided he wanted to get his car resprayed and on the recommendation of others went with a painter in meath who committed to painting the car with an orange-peel free finish.

He took delivery of the car, the finish was absolutely shocking, a scratch on the rear, dents all over the car, returned the car and gave the guy the chance to correct it but before doing anything drove up to meath to go through it all with him.

After a few days, got a phone call from the guy who said he now didn't think he could do it and would either leave the car as it is and give a reduced fee, or strip the paint and let someone else redo the car.

The car was collected this morning, he went at it with a sander.

Absolutely disgraceful behavior

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish it was. He is a long time vagdriver forum member and is a member here as well.

·
I hate having no car :(
1,732 Posts
There would be a few more dents after I beat that fools head off the bonnet for a while don't give that washer a cent.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
how much was he quoted for the respray
1500 euro with the car delivered stripped

Your brother is or the painter is? Has any money changed hands yet?
The painter is a member here. Money has changed hands but when my brother took the car back he also took his money back until the job was done as described. The painter agreed to this but subsequently it turns out he was utterly full of nonsense.

I don't have an eye for paint but even I thought the finish was terrible, there were bumps all over the car, pooling on the bottom of the doors, over-spray on the dash and the rear swing arm, the bonnet was dented where it never had a dent before, he tried to block the primer which ended up leaving vertical lines on the body of the car.

·
Ronin
8,708 Posts
That sort of money is criminal, I got the mini back from my body shop and very impressed with the finish so was anybody who seen it...

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
That sort of money is criminal, I got the mini back from my body shop and very impressed with the finish so was anybody who seen it...

Paddy, the guy who did this to my brothers car purported himself as being of similar standard but when push came to shove couldn't deliver the goods.

He goes by the name of "Individual" here or Paddy_cl on vagdrivers. Has an estoril blue e46 and is based in Doneal in Meath.

·
The rasp is addictive!!
2,713 Posts
Marty Lane, the guy who has it now, was gonna paint the e39 that I bought back in october before i found my current car and his work is absolutely top class and this is a windows and engine out job, hence the price and he will give an absolute glass finish. It's currently on his facebook page too.

Paddy, the guy who did this to my brothers car purported himself as being of similar standard but when push came to shove couldn't deliver the goods.

He goes by the name of "Individual" here or Paddy_cl on vagdrivers. Has an estoril blue e46 and is based in Doneal in Meath.
That username is stored in my head now ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just checking that I got this right. He painted the car and then you said it wasn't right which is fair enough to be honest. And he then dented it and sanded the whole car down?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
he maintains that he was removing the paint but he sanded the car down to bare metal at points that are now developing surface rust.

If it were my car he'd be surgically removing a mk2 from his ass right now.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Jaysus lovely. Sorry to see the state of it really :( I was looking at the pics and the bare metal parts look like they are all in a line which is something I've never really seen before.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts