BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title...

Just wondering what kind of real world mpg are people getting out of their E36 318is?

Just bought ANOTHER 318is :D but this one will be used as a daily, and as the others were weekend cars I never monitored mpg, I just put in fuel when it was needed :p

I have a 1.6 Avensis atm and I'm getting around 45/50 miles to €10 so if I was getting something similar, I'd be happy enough lol

Thanks

·
I know nothing about BMW
3,038 Posts
My rule of thumb with these cars is should be getting 60 miles to a tenner. I drove from carrick an suir to ennis the other night on 20 quid

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My rule of thumb with these cars is should be getting 60 miles to a tenner. I drove from carrick an suir to ennis the other night on 20 quid
how much is the petrol down there? its about 149.9 in Donegal. What diff ratio is in yours mate?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
We had a thread up a while back cant find it now..on my is with a 3.65 ratio diff so not a whole lot different to standard it can do taken it easy up to 70 miles to a tenner..I once got over the 600 mile make when I was living up north to a tank..but normal every day stuff between 40 and 50 miles is easy and ive drained 30e in 45 miles drifting also..but even if it was doing 2mpg its miles better driving one over an avensis ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We had a thread up a while back cant find it now..on my is with a 3.65 ratio diff so not a whole lot different to standard it can do taken it easy up to 70 miles to a tenner..I once got over the 600 mile make when I was living up north to a tank..but normal every day stuff between 40 and 50 miles is easy and ive drained 30e in 45 miles drifting also..but even if it was doing 2mpg its miles better driving one over an avensis ;)
I don't mind giving it plenty of fuel when sliding or diffing as I had an IS200 and they're just thirsty all the time anyway lol. Does diff ratio make a big difference to them sliding and even driving power wise?
Ah now Avensis isn't all that bad, reliable old workhorse lol. :love:

·
Registered
48 Posts
As title...

Just wondering what kind of real world mpg are people getting out of their E36 318is?

Just bought ANOTHER 318is :D but this one will be used as a daily, and as the others were weekend cars I never monitored mpg, I just put in fuel when it was needed :p

I have a 1.6 Avensis atm and I'm getting around 45/50 miles to €10 so if I was getting something similar, I'd be happy enough lol

Thanks
I worked this out on mine last week and I got 37MPG (M44)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts