BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am slightly confused as to what to do with the new interior.

Its in lovely condition - no cracks in the leather, it really is spotless, and more imprtantly its the sports interior I was looking for.

The only thing is that is is a good bit darker than the current one. The one I have is Individual Champagne Nappa, and there is almost zero chance of me finding the sports seats in it.

I'm also worried I'll lose my heated seats!!

Any ideas lads?

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Can't you order the leather as covers?

Maybe you could order the covers in your individual colour and fit onto the sports seats?

You could take the heater mat out of the original seat and install into the new?

Probably cost a mint :-(

I was talking (by e-mail) with a company in the UK who make replacement gaitors, I was looking for the same black napa leather as my seats and he said this was not a problem! So, I order a new gear and hand-brake gaitor, when I get them I can show you how it compares to the seats - maybe he could help?

Just a few ideas Ken!

Rich.

richie_rvf

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the covers cost a fortune - but even if they didn't it'd leave me with half a leather interior I couldn't possible sell on :(

I'd heard all the sports seats had the heated seat elements in them - guess I'll just plug one in on Thursday and find out!

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
I don't know, someone might be interested in buying some individual seat covers - ebay is a big place ;)

Tell me more about the heated seats - how could I check if my seats have the heater elements?

Rich.

richie_rvf

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have to take the seats apart I think - but if the elements are in place, all that is involved is getting the switches. I'd imagine yours definitely has them, being an M3 elec interior and all...

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
That would be cool - or rather warm ;)

So, now I have to keep an eye out for the switches!

Anywhere you would suggest looking - apart from e-bay?

I must admit I am struggling to come up with ideas re: your seats! The individual colour really suits your car but I can totally understand why you want the sports interior, really is much better.

Rich.

richie_rvf

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your dealer is the best bet - they're not too expensive... think you need a wiring loom, and you wouldn;t be sure you're getting the right part on eBay

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Spend the weekend installing it, drive around in it for a week or two and then you'll know the answer.

Personally, I prefer you original champagne colour.I think the beige colour is a little flat.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I fitted the rear bence yesterday when I was doing some bits and pieces - it was too dark for my liking. Heres a pic of the two rear seats beside each other... the light coming in the window brightens up the beige one, so they don't look as distincly different...its quite a bit darker in reality.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts