BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for some advice about wheel spacers and what size to go for 10mm,15mm or 20mm.
I am driving an e46 with 255's on the rear and 235's on the front will I get away with only doing
the rear ones or will it look crap if I dont do the lot ?:cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
What size you go for is up to you, be careful as if you go too big the wheel may rub your arch. I'm running 20mm each side on the front of mine, only cause i have to though ! I bought them from srbpower.com (UK), H&R ones btw. Don't forget you'll need longer bolts too which srb also sell.

Theres a guy based in Galway too that stocks these, don't have contact details but his username is vst on IPC, you could drop him a PM.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
They look really well, did you do anything with the rear wheels ? I was thinking of just putting 10mm's on the rear of mine and leaving the front as they are. Not sure if it would make a lot of difference probably be better going for 15mm's on the rear and maybe 10 mm's on the front.

By the way Dave I presume I am to late for ur group buy :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
No, left the rear wheels as they are, they'd rub the arch if i put a spacer on there! I went for 20mm on the front because the inside of the wheel was rubbing on the coilover, no choice really ! But have to admit i love the way the front wheels stichk out from the arch now :)

I'm afraid so, they were posted to me last thursday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The PCD&CB of e46 are 5x120, 72.5, the same as f36.
Since I couldn't find any after look pic of e46 for you,
Well, I have some after effect pics of f36 has being put on wheel spacers.

This BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe F36 installed Wheel Spacers, front/rear 15mm (3/5 inch), PCD 5×120, CB 72.5 together with Grade 12.9 Extended Wheel Bolts because of its new great brakes.

Larger brake calipers with more pistons will offer greater stopping power and shorter stopping distances than the OEM ones. However, bigger calipers will take up some room of the wheel installation area, so that the wheels cannot be mounted back with a proper engagement. If you have upgraded your brake system with bigger brake calipers and still want to keep the current wheels attached to your vehicle, wheel spacers will be your most cost-effective solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts