BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a long time since I posted last !! Anyway mu question is .. Any BMW garage better than the other in the Dublin Kildare area ? Want to keep the full service history on the car. Are they all the same or anyone with bad experiences ? Joe Duffy is the closest to me but don’t mind traveling.

·
Do not feed the troll
4,129 Posts
Been a long time since I posted last !! Anyway mu question is .. Any BMW garage better than the other in the Dublin Kildare area ? Want to keep the full service history on the car. Are they all the same or anyone with bad experiences ? Joe Duffy is the closest to me but don’t mind traveling.
All equally shit but I think Joe Duffy might be the best of the bunch. Used the be Murphy and Gunne.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rang Joe Duffy’s but couldn’t get a slot for a month which doesn’t suit me. I want to try keep the bmw service history so going to an independent rules that out for me. I’ll use one when doing an oil service in between bmw’s intervals. Conlans can give me one in 2 weeks so might take that.

·
Do not feed the troll
4,129 Posts
Just had my car in with Frank Keane in Blackrock. Got a booking within a couple of weeks and they are the closest to my home. Frank Keane Nass Road is closer to work but they were booked up for ages last time I checked.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I think the dealers are choked up with recall work at the moment, hence the long lead times for any servicing work.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok went to conlans in Naas. I asked them to check the engine coolant as i got a message on the I drive to say top up. At the time I was having battery issues but put a small amount in to be safe. When I got the car back my intercooler coolant was topped up nearly to the top of the reservoir so much the min max is not to be seen anymore. This can’t be right. I wouldn’t say they topped the engine coolant up at all and thought the intercooler coolant bottle was the engine coolant bottle.
Told them my air con wasn’t working and I topped the gas up last September and it was gone within a few weeks so must be a leak and could they look at it for me. They just filled it with gas and said see how it goes.
Using BimmerLink to check for errors I was getting an airbag error and saying the passenger seatbelt had an issue. They said the car had no faults at all. I get into the car and could find 7 faults straight away. They told me that sometimes it needs to happen a few times before the bmw diagnostics can find the fault.
Does that sound right ?

I explained that this was a serious issue if the airbag is showing an error but they showed me the report to say there were no faults.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
To me there's more than a whiff of BS about most of their comments.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Just had my car in with Frank Keane in Blackrock. Got a booking within a couple of weeks and they are the closest to my home. Frank Keane Nass Road is closer to work but they were booked up for ages last time I checked.
Hi Ken hope you are keeping well - I am looking to get my 1st service carried out on my 640d and with M&G Closed :sad: would you recommend FK in Black Rock as I wont be going to Conlons

·
Do not feed the troll
4,129 Posts
FK blackrock should be fine. Had an issue about having to call them multiple times for an update on a warranty issue but otherwise they are ok.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ran an E92 M3 for 9 years and tried all BMW dealers in Dublin and eventually settled on JD. I have seen others give out about them but I got to know the service manager and have to say got an absolutely top level of service, Couldn't fault them and always went into great detail to help on anything that cropped up.
Unfortunately the brand next door that I now frequent hasn't demonstrated the same level of service.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts